73w ago - Shortly following the True Blue v2.4 PS3 dongle update below, today EussNL has made available an UnPKG'd / UnSELF'd version, the JB2 TB v2.4 payload and an IDA update which contains fixed EBOOT data for other PlayStation 3 developers.
The True Blue PS3 dongle 'marketing team' have made an announcement ( which sounds worse than what you'd expect to hear from $ony themselves ) regarding the JailBreak 2 TB v2.4 update and clone dongles as well.
For those with a dead True Blue dongle, Mark Webber has posted the following method to attempt repairing it via: ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2047-JB?p=23677#post23677
JB King is not a 1:1 clone, it uses an ST IC for communication with a PC, the TB does not have this at all. There is a very simple way to repair a "dead" TB dongle but you will need some hardware to do it. The cause of the "death" is that the SPI is blanked out - fill in the blanks.
1. Remove SPI flash from TB board
2. Put into programmer
3. Load 2Meg file and flash SPI
4. Replace SPI back onto TB board
5. Put back into PS3 & update as normal.
I did tell everyone way back the TB had a suicide mech built-in. The TB will erase the SPI flash and leave it dead in the water as soon as it detects an attempt to do anything to it. The sad thing is, it is doing it with false positives as well, hence so many dead dongles.
Finally, below is the official True Blue Update 2.4 changes from the ReadMe file as follows:
True Blue Dongle Update v2.4
How to update:
1. Make sure your PS3 is running the True Blue "3.55-Dongle" CFW (custom firmware)
2. Copy TrueBlueUpdate-2.4.pkg from this archive to a USB flash drive
3. Boot your PS3 _WITHOUT_ True Blue inserted, and then insert the USB flash drive
4. Navigate to (Game) -> (Install Package Files), and then select TrueBlueUpdate-2.4.pkg
5. The True Blue updater will be installed onto your PS3 HDD
6. Navigate to (Game) and load "True Blue Update v2.4"
7. The updater will start, and will then prompt you to insert the True Blue dongle. Insert it only at this point, and continue. Your dongle will then be updated
8. After the update procedure has completed your PS3 will reset, and you will then be able to enjoy your updated dongle
9. You may delete the True Blue Updater from your HDD after the update is complete
Enhanced dongle security
Fixed games requiring "BD Mirror"
True Blue firmware version is now displayed on the XMB "System Information" screen
Initial worldwide release
Support for running "True Blue" titles directly from HDD via standard backup managers
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
say thank you you for everything they done in scene and be glad you get what you get, that makes me so mad, do i have any other siders in this, i know many if so give me a like this cheers, and stop pissing groups off especially the top of the top unreal, no brains whatsoever.
oh and this ans this and all 4.11 + games gee willackers, support me on this contributors or higher give us a like this to so that we are united in this view do not ask stupidly unreal, i am vecked.
Do you mean duplex and tb are the same people or e3 also? interesting. never thought about that but it makes sense. at least its free anyway now. thats the way it should always been.
i wonder if you can somehow mod deans eboot fix to include tb games. that would rock! also cfwprophet, i for one of many many members here at ps3news have great respect for you and your team and the work and knowledge you have. thanks and please don't let a few tools ruin it for us all.
i wish i could be in your underground scene bro.. LOL i'm not at all computer smart though so i'm of little use to the scene. but i love it all the same.
Why i say that: because i investigate in it a long time ago. If you don't trust duplex and me, that they don't use coredump is when you decrypt DUPLEX EBOOT the last section is present (in coredump there are no the last section).
I think they got others keys (3.60+) or someone in their team have reversed drm eboot.