- Today PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev
has updated his PS3 homebrew game to They Do Not Die 2 v0.5 with the changelog detailed below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: Here is another update to They Do Not Die 2.
I had added corpses and blood but I’ve removed them because I don’t know how to make them fade away progressively and I find it extremely distracting seeing them just disappear instantly (for performance reasons there needs to be a limit on how many can exist at any given time).
If anyone knows how to go about doing that I would greatly appreciate an example of it. Basically what I’m looking for is the PSL1GHT equivalent of glColor4f. I assume the answer involves shaders which I am sadly fairly ignorant about making and using.
- Added two player co-op play (shared screen).
- There are now cars and boxes scattered around the city.
- Data is stored more efficiently in game saves and as a result of that saving and loading is faster.
- The shotgun is more powerful.
- Left analog stick = Move
- Right analog stick = Aim
- L1 = Fire the rocket launcher
- R1 = Fire the machine gun
- L2 = Fire the shotgun
- L3 = Run
- Start = Pause
- X = Select something in the menu