- This weekend PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev
has updated his homebrew game They Do Not Die 2 to v0.3 for PS3 Custom Firmware and JailBreak users.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: Here is another updated version of They Do Not Die. This new update Most notably features destructible walls and the ability to save the game state. Game saves are fairly large and consequently rather slow to create and load but that will improve over time.
I’m still undecided about what the subtitle should be so keep posting any ideas you have. Right now I’m leaning towards going with Collateral Damage (suggested by Griffunt) or Life After Death (suggested by Annelies)
On a less obviously related subject does anybody know how to go about measuring the passage of time with millisecond precision (or near enough to it for it to be usable when calculating the frame rate) when developing for PS3 with PSL1GHT?
What has changed:
- You can save the game at any time and obviously also load that save.
- The on screen text now scales so it no longer fills an overly large portion of the screen at low resolution.
- In addition to your gun you now have a rocket launcher.
- Rockets explode when they are shot, hit a person or hit a wall.
- Explosions destroy walls, push people back and hurt people.
- You can now run which consumes energy.
- Shooting momentarily prevents energy from regenerating.
- If you try to consume energy when you have none left then you will instead lose health.
- The speed that your health regenerates at directly correlates to how much energy you have.
- The screen (specifically the edges of it) turn red when you are low on health.
- The world is more densely populated.
- Left analog stick = Move
- Right analog stick = Aim
- L1 = Shoot the rocket launcher
- R1 = Shoot the gun
- L3 = Run
- Select = Save
- Start = Load