- Today PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev
has followed up on the initial release
updating his PS3 homebrew RPG to The Unmapped Forest version 0.2.
Download: The Unmapped Forest v0.2 PS3 Homebrew RPG
/ Sprite Sheet
/ Sprite Sheet (Extra Info)
To quote: Here is an updated build of The Unmapped Forest. At the moment it is still using placeholder graphics.
What has changed:
- I've fixed the problem that caused it to freeze at a black screen when running at certain resolutions.
- You have health and can be hurt.
- You can now kill monsters.
- You gain experience for killing monsters and you can level up infinitely (there is no level cap).
- When you level up your maximum health is increased and you are fully healed.
- When a monster (or its corpse) and its spawn point are both out of view then the monster is given full health and returned to its spawn point to wait for you to approach.
- There are now five types of monsters.
- The world has been expanded upon. For anybody that wants to further edit the game world you can easily do so by modifying the file "/dev_hdd0/game/UNMAPPEDF/USRDIR/world.dat" with any text editor.
- The camera is zoomed out further.
- You can now use the right analog stick to move the camera around.
- Movement speed has been slightly increased.
- I have improved the way that sprites are layered (there is still a problem with things occasionally being incorrectly drawn in front of trees that they are standing behind but this will be fixed soon).
- Improved collisions.
- Left analog stick = Move
- Right analog stick = Look
- X button = attack