To quote, roughly translated: "Very soon after its released version 4.00 debug Sony decides to release a Firmware 4.01 for stamped its consoles Test / Debug. We remind you that this type of firmware is not installed on the consoles so-called "Retail" we just buy in the store.
No changelog available at this time. See us before long a 4.01 in our living room, only time will tell. The file is available for download if you want to update your console to Test / Debug."
As always, these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.
We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)
Finally, in related news cotojestwtf has made available a Pendrive SWAP Mod + Way to Backups PS1/PS2 and PS3 on Debug Unit guide for those interested as follows:
I decided to share my work. Let's started.. Pendrive SWAP Mod it's like .tiff exploit. It hangs a system when you run a game, then u can swap a PS1/PS2 Game on Retail. But on Debug Unit PS3 Game recorded to BR!
Intructions to run a PS1/PS2 Backup RETAIL/DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:
1. Format your pendrive to fat32.
2. Run SWAPMOD.exe and install it to your pendrive.
3. Run the PlayStation 3.
4. Insert original CD/DVD PS1/PS2*.
5. Insert pendrive to PS3 USB.
6. Go to category photos on PS3.
7. Get in on visible device (your pendrive).
8. Wait a one minute on that, or long.
9. Run the original game from XMB, system will hang on your wallpaper. (BlackScreen = fail, repeat the operations)
10. Slide the original game and insert a pirate/backup game.
- if you running PS2 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS2.
- if you running PS1 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS1.
11. Remove a pendrive.
12. Now if you swapped a discs, PS3 will run the backup/pirate game.
*You can run PS2 games if your Unit have a compatible. Exploit still works on OFW 4.00
Intructions to run a PS3 Backup DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:
1. Go to Debug Seetings
2. Search a NPDRM Debug option - set No Entitlement (80029513)
3. So now u just must do same things, they are listed above. But you swpp now a original PS3 game with pirate/backup game.
Note: BACKUP GAMES FOR PS3 MUST BE RECORDED ON BLURAY DISC.! OR IT WONT WORK
Tested on OFW Debug 4.01
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
To quote, roughly translated: Following the latest developments, PS3ITA is pleased to present a new version of CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX (debug). This update, accompanied by PKG external Ps3ita Loader introduces a modified core with the ability to customize your choice to integrate some flag or not.
In practice, after installing the CFW, each user can choose with ease, such as extra feature, the console should start automatically during the ignition phase.
The changes introduced in 4.21 CFW PS3ITA DEX v2.2 are:
1. Spoof firmware 4.40.
2. IDPS All Change region 4.21 is now integrated in the fw and runs automatically during boot the console, there is no need to start it manually after every boot. To log on to the PSN simply log in as you were on an ordinary OFW.
3. Sys_init_osd.self New, allows the start of our core (ps3itald.self) during boot the console. IMPORTANT: all credits for this go to sys_init_osd Miralatijera we just added a little bit (to make it boot faster) and brought patches to the nost cfw, ps3itald.self instead is a creation of our team. The core ps3itald.self is easily customizable thanks to PKG ps3ita loader.
4. Fixed bug that did not allow the boot cd / dvd original PS2 PS3 backwards compatible.
5. Vsh Patch magazines, ReactPsn now works perfectly.
6. 0x80022D74 0x80022D11 Fix for errors relating to the trophies, in some cases after a downgrade by service mode was returned one of these errors and was forced to leave the game.
How to proceed with the installation of the CFW:
1. Sure you have a console with CFW / OFW DEX (Debug) version 3.55/4.21.
2. Strictly Install the Firmware Downgrader 3.55 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvnpk90edt63fa/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
3. PS3ITA Install CFW 4.21 DEX v2.2.
Through the program ps3ita loader you can manage the core ps3itald.self and add / remove functions that will be performed automatically boot the console .. (I think many of you will appreciate the "install_new_idps" allows you to permanently change your console id with one of your choice ...).
How does Ps3ita Loader:
1. Ps3ita Copy the folder in the root of the USB stick.
2. Move the flag you want to install from the / ps3ita / NOT_ACTIVE in / ps3ita. (Flags are simple text files, and inside they explained their function).
3. Insert the USB stick into the port on the right of the PS3.
4. Install the pkg "ps3ita_loader" and run it. If something goes wrong, the LED turns red, otherwise fine. A log file in / dev_usb000/ps3ita cmq will be created to verify if all the steps have taken place correctly.
5. New features are now active.
I thank the entire team and especially PS3ITA Rancid (o) which followed / carried out the entire project.