- Update #2
has released several more updates to SNES9x PS3, the Super Nintendo Emulator for PlayStation 3, which are all available for download now HERE
: A new SNES9x r2 binary
is now available with changes noted HERE
followed by a SNES9x v1.0.3
port by Alex793
which includes some more fixes
for those interested.
I got my Teensy++ Thursday and decided to port SNES9x (Super Nintendo Emulator) over to the PS3 as a little exercise to play with the Cell SDK.
It's pretty rough but it seems to work OK. It will load (uncompressed) ROMs off of /dev_usb000.
If anyone is interested, the code is linked above via GitHub with a binary attached below.
Download: SNES9x (Super Nintendo Emulator) PS3 Port
/ SNES9x PS3 Port Source Code
It's a new port to PS3 LV2 OS based on the vanilla SNES9x source.
• Install Cell SDK >= 1.92. You know how to find it. Configure according to the install instructions (make sure to set CELL_SDK).
• Make pkg
• Load the pkg and your ROMs onto a usb drive.
• Install on PS3 using your jailbreak device of choice.
Things that suck:
• Lots of SNES9x features are not supported yet. No save states, for example. Most of these are really simple to implement.
• Sound code is rubbish. It more or less works, but you'll probably hear the occasional skip.
• Performance isn't great.
• UI. Or rather, there isn't one.
• So much more.