- Today squarepusher2
has updated the Super Nintendo Emulator PS3 port to SNES9x PS3 4.4.3 for Firmware 1.92+, 3.15, 3.41 and GeoHot
PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware 3.55.
Download: SNES9x PS3 4.4.3
To quote on the SNES9x PS3 changes: Build 4.4.3 (11-01-2010)
- Autodetection of Super Scope/Mouse/Multitap had a bug in it - after you loaded a Super Scope/mouse game and then tried to load a multitap-compatible game, the game would attempt to hook up the Mouse/Scope instead due to an error in a switch/case statement. Fixed this.
- Autodetection now works as expected. Please upgrade to 4.4.3 as soon as possible to avoid inconvenient problems.
Finally, below is SNES9x PS3 4.4.2 (FW 1.92+/FW 3.15/FW 3.41/Geohot CFW 3.55)
with the changelog that we missed reporting on previously.
SNES9x PS3 4.4.2 Changelog:
* Super Scope and SNES Mouse support. The Super Scope and the Mouse are currently
mapped to the left analog stick - the controls are -
- Circle Button - Scope Toggle Turbo
- Cross Button - Scope Cursor Button
- Triangle Button - Mouse R Button - Scope Aim Off Screen
- Square Button - Mouse L Button -Scope Fire
- Start Button - Scope Pause Button
* Automatic Super Scope/Mouse support detection (works for most games)
* Automatic multitap detection (for most games)
* Automatic PAL50/PAL60 switching (for 576p PAL resolution only)
* Only shows toggleable resolutions now in the Settings menu that your TV supports.
* Fixed Syvalion/R.P.M. Racing/Power Drive (games use 512x448 - flickered
like mad before)
* Added .GD3 ROM extension.
* Added configurable controls - nearly any button/button combo can be
configured. All of the configurable settings are saved of course.
* Some of the new things you can 'bind' buttons to:
- Record movie
- Stop movie
- Playback movie
- Fast forward
- Increase fast-forward speed
- Decrease fast-forward speed
- Soft Reset
- Some more shaders (Lanzcos12/Lanzcos16/SuperScale2x - you've probably seen them already in Genesis Plus/FBA et al - that's because they all use the same shaders from Cellframework.)
- Sane parental control defaults (you can use this when parental control is enabled at highest level).
- You can set the SRAM path directory now.