To quote on the SNES9x PS3 changes: Build 4.4.3 (11-01-2010)
Autodetection of Super Scope/Mouse/Multitap had a bug in it - after you loaded a Super Scope/mouse game and then tried to load a multitap-compatible game, the game would attempt to hook up the Mouse/Scope instead due to an error in a switch/case statement. Fixed this.
Autodetection now works as expected. Please upgrade to 4.4.3 as soon as possible to avoid inconvenient problems.
* Super Scope and SNES Mouse support. The Super Scope and the Mouse are currently
mapped to the left analog stick - the controls are -
- Circle Button - Scope Toggle Turbo
- Cross Button - Scope Cursor Button
- Triangle Button - Mouse R Button - Scope Aim Off Screen
- Square Button - Mouse L Button -Scope Fire
- Start Button - Scope Pause Button
* Automatic Super Scope/Mouse support detection (works for most games)
* Automatic multitap detection (for most games)
* Automatic PAL50/PAL60 switching (for 576p PAL resolution only)
* Only shows toggleable resolutions now in the Settings menu that your TV supports.
* Fixed Syvalion/R.P.M. Racing/Power Drive (games use 512x448 - flickered
like mad before)
* Added .GD3 ROM extension.
* Added configurable controls - nearly any button/button combo can be
configured. All of the configurable settings are saved of course.
* Some of the new things you can 'bind' buttons to:
- Record movie
- Stop movie
- Playback movie
- Fast forward
- Increase fast-forward speed
- Decrease fast-forward speed
- Soft Reset
- Some more shaders (Lanzcos12/Lanzcos16/SuperScale2x - you've probably seen them already in Genesis Plus/FBA et al - that's because they all use the same shaders from Cellframework.)
- Sane parental control defaults (you can use this when parental control is enabled at highest level).
- You can set the SRAM path directory now.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Squarepusher2 has updated SNES9X PS3 to version 4.4.8 today, which now includes major lag reduction among the changes detailed below.
Changelog: Build 4.4.8 (03-04-2011)
Very big performance and lag reduction optimizations. The previous builds were indeed very laggy – this should be a very big improvement on that front.
You can now use two shaders at once – we call this ‘Custom Scaling/ Dual Shader’ mode. A scaling factor (from 1 to 4x) can be specified. Some great graphical effects can be achieved by combining shaders.
Shader presets have been added. Shader presets are configuration files that automatically configure the settings for ‘Shader 1′, ‘Shader 2′, ‘Hardware Filtering Shader 1′, ‘Hardware Filtering Shader 2′, ‘Scaling Factor’ and ‘Overscan’. You can create your own shader presets – they are just plain-text files stored in USRDIR/presets.
Controllers can now be individually configured – you can specifically configure the controls for a controller connected to a specific port/ number.
Cheat input has been made less buggy. With the ‘New’ control scheme - L2 + Analog Stick Right Down will still input cheats with the OSK, but it will add a generic label (simply the cheatcode itself as a label) until you rename this generic label by triggering the action ‘Input Cheatlabel’. The ‘New’ control scheme has this hooked up to ‘L2 + R2 + Analog Stick Right – Down’. This can of course be reconfigured to any button / button-combo you see fit.
Fixed interlaced games like Rise Of The Robots – were displaying glitched graphics before in version 4.4.7.
Added a homebrew SNES game by Themaister. Game logic is semi-hooked up – paddle works, ball bounces off the paddle, just scoring has to be added. Anyway, this has mostly been a 3-day exercise in SNES ASM. This is just for illustrative purposes.
Added some shader variations and some new shaders – HQ4x, 4xBR - courtesy of Jacaraca.
been trying to update snes9x. i have 4.4.5. on 3.55 kmeaw. i assume i just need to run the newer package from the package installer but that did not work when i tried to go to 4.4.7. still shows up as 4.4.5 and the new shaders did not install.