To quote, roughly translated, on SmallLoader: "TheTool offers a loader used shortcuts in the XMB to rip up a game in the drive without going through virtual BR open the backup manager or manager.
• Edit file game.ini located in the folder PS3_GAME/USRDIR:
• In the path variable, specify the path of your games (Ex: path = / dev_usb000/gamez/BLES12345). You can also delete the line path, smallLoader use the GAME folder which is in USRDIR (just copy your games in that folder).
• In variable autolaunch, enter 1 if you want smallLoader start the game automatically switches to "No AB" and 0 if you want to go back to XMB after the game is installed.
• In the folder PS3_GAME, copy the file ICON0.PNG, PIC1.PNG .....
• Using PS3SFOEdit , edit the file located in PARAM.SFO PS3_GAME
• In "Basic Setting", change the value by that title id you want
• In alt-(default) specify the name of your game
• Click on save and overwrite the old file PARAM.SFO
• Open the file has smallloader.conf using notepad for example.
• In line Product_ID, replace BLES12345 by title id values you have filled in the file PARAM.SFO
• You can save and close this file.
• Now you can generate the PKG file using the command "make_package_npdrm smallloader.conf PS3_GAME /" (without the quotes and the command prompt windows).
• Added fix for the problem of controller.. to enable or disable it, change the line 'fix =' in file game.ini (untested, with no games involved in this problem)
• Added a function to restore the normal functioning of BR player, just run the shortcut by pressing the button .
Note: Sources are also included in the archive.
Finally, from the XMBoot ReadMe file, to quote:
XMBoot is a stripped down backup app which will allow you to create the equivalent of a 360 QuickBoot container. This allows you to create a custom entry on your XMB with the original audio/video from your backup with which you can either boot DIRECTLY into your game (if supported), or mount it for launching via XMB.
To load the original XMB video/icon/sound/etc you will need to copy that content out of the /PS3_GAME/ directory of your backup and place it in the subdir of this package prior to compiling.
NOTE: If using the backups original .SFO file you will need to edit it to report itself as HG (Harddisk Game) rather than DG (Disc Game).
If not using the original SFO from a backup, be sure to edit the included SFO to specify your game title.
Also be sure to edit the package.conf and SFO so that your new package has a unique Title ID.
You will need to set three options in the main.ccp file prior to compiling your package:
game_path is the path to the backup you wish to use
The app does NOT scan for usb device #'s, so you will have to hardcode it to the usb slot you use. direct_boot is the option to attempt launching the EBOOT without booting back into XMB. Does not work with all games, but will let you direct boot games on which it does! use_hermes is an option to apply the Hermes F1/SFIV/etc fix at runtime, doesn't work with every game.
Because these options are stored in main.cpp you MUST recompile in order to change your container setup. These options 'could' be moved to be stored in the SFO file instead, which would allow you to simply edit the SFO instead, bypassing any need for an SDK setup.
Greetings to PS3News. Do not support piracy, purchase the games you love. Winners don't use drugs.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
This is because the tool use's the original tools from the official sdk.And if you dont have installed the sdk or have set the environment for it the xmboot tool can not find the tools to make the cgpkg.
Im trying to change this for my tool so that xmboot will use the tools included into my PS3 ACID app.And i have to remove all the sce headers and copyrigh headers from the included libs.
I dont belive that it is todo files size limitation.Because if i remeber right than Warhawk was sized with 4GB and it also was available as a FULL Game PKG to install onto your ps3.
I belive that some files are encrypted as retail EDATA like the eboot will be a retail one and we have to get hands on a decrypted one to be able to re- encrypt it as a Debug one.
There is a debug tool to make edata files.This means we also have to get hands on the decrypted edata files to use them un- encrypted or re- encrypt them as debug one's.
He shummy my forums mate
Nice to read you and fine to see that your a forums MOD now!!
It would be great if you can do the sha1 some for both the .elf and the .self.But only when the game works.Dont worry about sending the mail.You do it when you have time for it.
About the pcap stuff.When you send me the tool and maybe a small elf from a game i will try to figuer something out.
And you can do a comparison with a debug self.Get a debug update pkg and extract it.Decrypt the self and keep the elf on a save way.Install the update, start the game and dump the elf via the payload.
After that do a comparison with the both elf's and see what is missing.The both elf's have to be identical.So we easely can find out what is missing.If we do that with a bunch of files and we are a little bit lucky we maybe can figuer out a shema.With this basic we would be bale to write a patch app that will add the missing data to a specific offset.
OOOps i have WinPcap 4.1.2 ^^
Ahhhhh now i remember.I installed this while using and playing around with W-Lan cracking Password tools.
But how can we use this for elf's, or what do you mean with pcap for the elf's?
Just tested the dump_elfs_payload and it works. Just got an decrypted elf for Guitar Hero 4. But the dump says offset C00 is missing. Have to test if the files works.
In Hex Editor i looks fine
cfwprophet: I create the sha1 hashes for you this evening or tomorrow, at the moment i want to continue testing the decrypted elf.
It seems the decrypted eboot.bin is not 100% complete. But examine the pcap dump the missing stuff should be there. But i didn't find it in the generated files yet. Maybe we need some further tuning of the pcap to bin tool.