167w ago - I've have successfully modded the Smackdown 2010 game on the PS3 and can confirm the following:
• The model, texture, wrestler archive (pac) and arc files are exactly the same as the 360 version, therefore these can be interchanged between consoles.
• My X-PacKer 5.0 app which allows for texture editing and injection works perfectly with the ps3format archive files (check http://sf4mods.blogspot.com for the app)
• The game installs all the pac files onto the internal ps3 hard drive when you first boot the game up, so all mods to the game must be done on the internal ps3 hard drive.
I'm randomly getting errors that the data on the internal hdd is corrupt when making changes. Not sure why the game does this as yet.
In order to overcome this, I need to replace the edited files with the originals and then boot the game. I then need to exit to the XMB and add the edited files, boot the game again and it loads fine. There could be a checksum somewhere which is storing the filesizes.
• I'm still investigating hacks to the paint tool files, will post info shortly. Check out Mr Mouse's PT Explorer v0.1.7 app on XeNTaX for more info about this type of hack.
Here's some pics, excuse the poor image quality. I had to take the pics with my phone as I couldn't find where the game stores it's snapshots and saves.
If anyone can shed some light on where the save data for games are stored, it would be appreciated.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hey guys, so i got a problem, i'll explain in steps what i did.
1. I hacked Cena's color.dds texture so he has the "N" logo on his armband.
2. I injected the textures back into the pach, and pac.
3. I named the file 139.pac and put it in the 'ch' folders (internal and external), and edit the plistps3.h and the 4x3.h to have ch/139.pac instead of ch/ch139.pac
3. i noted down the filename and size, and put the size in the plistps3.arc files (of course dividing it by 100)
4. Ran the game, and it loaded fine, and Cena turns up on the Training Arena, with the "N" Armband.
5. Load a Game, Cena Vs Randy, and it hangs at the loading screen...?
So what am I doing wrong, any feedback Please! i really want to be able to get this to work. Thanks.
let's see how this goes... i dunno how many ppl know but back in the day i modded killing floor to change gun power and capacity so having a unlimited ammo no reload m32 was fun (and i did perk hack ) but it was fun as hell so imagine bullet sizes in cod or the ball size in fifa LOL just saying its was super fun in kf hope it will be that easy in ps3.