OzMods states, to quote: "The final units have been delayed for everyone, not just us. So they should ship to us from China in a couple of days. The delay was due to them coding a new backup manager and locking their device to this manager, so that if anyone tries to clone, they can't use the software."
Below are a few rough translations of what other features are reportedly under development, however, this is only a rumor until officially confirmed of course.
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via Logic-Sunrise:
• Support for all firmware.
• Support for NTFS.
• Supports Blu-ray and MKV.
• Support for PSX and PS2 games.
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via ChipSpain:
• NFTS Support
• New version of Backup Manager 1.1 (OK)
• Compatible with all PS3 firmware
• Compatible with Blu-ray backups, PS2 and PSX.
• Auto Updater via your PC.
• Reproduction of video formats such as MKV and many well known programs like XBMC.
• You can always update the console to play online!
Upcoming PS JailBreak Development Features via DiscoAzul:
• Support for NTFS.
• New version of Backup Manager.
• Compatible with all firmware versions of the PS3 and later.
• Support for Blu-ray disc, PS2 and PSX.
• Auto Updater via PC connection.
• Ability to play. MKV and run hundreds of future applications like XBMC.
The features outlined appear to be similar, so here it to hoping this rumor ends up being true indeed!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
only one thing comes to mind... wait untill the product ships to release you "clone solutions" for others that dont feel like paying $150 for a usb microcontroler setup...
but now that we have a clone that dosent matter it just means that there will be people developing new homebrew for the PSGroove exploit to do the same... ultimately the fact that psjailbreak is trying to cover there ass with security is actualy pretty helarious.
think about it the first people to release a hack for the the ps3 and try to sell it sends out a bunch of free coppies witch get cloned then they try to beef up there security... hackers fighting hackers at this point... i cant wait to see until Sony strikes back...
Firmware 3.42 update will feature new PSjailbreak crushing ability, act now and get a console ban!