91w ago - Following up on the previous article, today some anonymous PlayStation 3 developers have shared details on remarrying PS3 Blu-ray drives on Firmware 3.55 without the need for downgrading the console any longer.
4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
8. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
9. Launch as normal.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Thanks for this tidbit of information! I've got another drive on its way and will have to try this when it arrives! I had a bad laser so they are replacing it for me and will then try the process again.
this remarries the drive to the console - it does NOT create the drl files (files required to play blu ray movies) so if your drl files are different then you get that error and there is no direct fix for it unless you know the blu ray movies played in the drive. (drl gen can make drl files if you know the details about what discs have been played by the drive however if you are like me and don't have this information then your stuffed.)
theres a pkg tool for devs that will only run on jfw 3.56 ma that can get the information from the drive about which discs it has run however i don't fancy being locked to 3.56 forever so i, like most others, am going to have to live without bluray playback for a while longer.
1. Put the console in service/factory mode (I use ps3key for that) and turn off the console.
2. Put the USB Mass Storage with the files that are inside the file "remarry-3.55.rar" and the pup (official firmware
With the PS3 still in Factory Service Mode, you want to have your thumb drive in port 0. Turn off the PS3, switch the off switch then back on, then press Power and Eject quickly. This will run the Remarry process. The disc drive light should flash in a series three times then stop. After this, your drive will be remarried.