- Following up on the previous
article, today some anonymous PlayStation 3 developers have shared details on remarrying PS3 Blu-ray drives on Firmware 3.55 without the need for downgrading the console any longer.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
From the included ReadMe file via the PS3 Developer Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/files/lv2diag/remarry/remarry-3.55/), to quote:
PS3 Remarry Guide for 3.55 Firmware
1. Have the console on a working 3.55 firmware
2. Download the Remarry files (remarry-3.55.rar) and unpack to root of USM Mass Storage device. The following line is already changed from 1 to 0:
[Register or Login to view code]
This will make sure the drive init PUP is not installed, thus preventing RLOD because of syscon hashes on downgraded consoles.
3. Download official firmware <=3.30 as drive init PUP and put it root of USB Mass Storage device
Content of USB Mass Storage device should be thus be:
MD5: / SHA1: / CRC32: / CRC16:
- Lv2diag.self C48E5EBFC00ABD89094CB73A2B0BEA59 / D229AC694910272DDEA9276B9FD4A2664800638C / C2D0A2B0 / 5327
- manufacturing_updater_for_reset.self 9E3C9024E9243478D21C78E1C9DF2376 / 922EA202CA2EA36EBF2B5054605E17409B9A56E6 / 93F18A95 / EA0D
- fdm_spu_module.self 33E8D3C12349CFD203930FD0C237054D / F660FD6EBEB12DC7F52B4E707A1F0D1BD05DF9F3 / 85701A9B / B75B
4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
- Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
- Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
8. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
9. Launch as normal.