62w ago - Following up on their previous 3.55 release, today the anonymous PlayStation 3 developers have shared details on remarrying PS3 Blu-ray drives on Firmware 3.15 and 3.50 without the need for downgrading the consoles.
4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
8. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
9. Launch as normal.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
So my PS3 is saying that I need to update my firmware in order for my bluray encryption to revalidated. If I do these steps listed post #25, will I lose all of my games and features? I currently running Hermes 3.41CFW on a 60gb fat.