- Following up on his previous
releases, PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW
) has updated to PSN Patch v2.00 followed by v2.01 and v2.02 for PS3 Custom Firmware, which allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: PSNpatch 2.00 + STEALTH VERSION + COBRA PLUGIN for 4.XX CFW & COBRA 7.0 by KW
- Cobra stealth extensions perfectly supports cobra 4.46;
- Supports any 4.53 habib cobra edition (up to 1.04);
- Supports cobra version spoofing on 4.46 and future 4.53;
- Pnspatch plugin updated;
- Webman plugin included is now the official release (as it also support L3+R3+L2 to unload from memory). thank's Deank;
This should solve all reported issues on 4.46 cobra systems with spoofed version.
To install new plugins and extensions:
1. Install this psnpatch version;
2. From the "plugin management menu", remove everything
4. Back to the "plugin management menu", install everything;
If using webman's dynamic fan control, it is advisable to disable-it or use a manual value (to compensate webman being unloaded from memory), at least for the moment. If someone wants to make tests with dynamic fan control and unloading webman, please post your results.
- PSNPatch plugin updated to display message when cfw is disabled (uses deank's webman 1.27 show_msg() code - thank's);
- webMAN 1.27 special version included (unloads from memory when cfw is disabled);
If previous versions of those plugins are in use, remove and install from psnpatch interface.
- PSNpatch cobra plugin updated to delete execution history;
- PSNPatch plugin unloads istelf from memory after disabling syscalls.
- PSNPatch plugin safety: disable every plugin and reboot.
- PSNPATCH plugin waits 20 secs at startup to avoid conflicts with other plugins
- Optional cobra stealth extensions for a perfect cfw disabling (entire syscall table will be reset to OFW).
- PSNPatch interface can install and remove: PSNPatch plugin (disable cfw / spoof idps & psid / deletes history / unloads from memory); Cobra stealth extensions; webMAN special edition (unloads from memory with psnpatch); XMB webMAN support (add "my games" and remove "app_home" from XMB)
- Reviewed support for fan control payloads, but using psnpatch at the same time it is still not recommended (please test and comment);
- Released as 1 ZIP file with 2 packages: Normal and Stealth
- Plugin is not distributed separately.
- Official distribution ONLY in Tortuga Cove !
(Note for cobra advanced users and devs: don't fiddle with the "files" folder contents if you don't know what you're doing);
Functions reviewed and updated:
- Spoof IDPS & PSID;
- Process RAP & EDAT;
- Unlock PSN Demos;
When syscalls are disabled, syscall dependent homebrew and payloads will stop working (namely backup managers and fan controller payloads !!!)
Successfully tested with:
- 4.46 Rebug REX 4.46.1
- 4.46 Rogero Cobra 1.00
- 4.46 Habib Cobra Edition 1.03
- 4.53 Habib 1.03
- 4.53 Habib Cobra edition 1.04
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE USING PSNPATCH. BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH PSNPATCH. NO WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T USE PSNPATCH FOR PIRACY. PSNPATCH AUTHOR CONDEMNS PIRACY.
This is a small app made by KW and inspired in the works of stoker25 (psidpatch) and user (psnope).
The major objective is to spoof the console Id and disable cfw syscalls extensions in order to make your system more "safe" to go into the psn. (Note that MORE safe doesn't mean IT IS safe!). Additionally, you can also install RAPs and EDATs and unlock psn game demos. Starting from psidpatch simple interface with the functionalities of psnope. New algorithms specially made for CFW disable and valid user account search.
There is also an alternative stealth version disguised as BLJS10018 (NBA2K8 Japanese version). The stealth version and BLJS10018 cannot be installed at the same time !
- Spoof IDPS (console ID) *;
- Spoof PSID *;
- Disable cfw syscalls (emulates official firmware) *
- Deletes game launch history (deletes the records of the last games used);
- Install RAPs and EDATs.
- Unlock PSN (c00) game demos.
* these actions are temporary until next system reboot. All functions are firmware version independent (4.XX and Cobra 7.0).
How to use:
Just install and run. A simple interface will guide you through. Optionally you can install a prx plugin that runs in the background and do all the "spoofing" and CFw disabling from the xmb by means of a simple shortcut (read below).
CFW DISABLE / REMOVE SYSCALLS
You can execute the app directly after install. This will allow you to remove cfw syscalls and delete execution history. Removing syscall will simulate a official firmware version improving protection level against PSN bans. Note that after doing this, some homebrew programs (like multiMAN) will refuse to execute. Just mount the game backup you want BEFORE using PSNPATCH to disable cfw. After CFW is disabled you can play the mounted game backup but cannot mount another one. This "cfw disabling" will only be active until next ps3 reboot.
Press TRIANGLE (3 beeps will inform of the cfw removal success). If there were NO BEEPS it means that the CFW WAS NOT DISABLED!!!
Psnpatch uses 3 complimentary algorithms to improve cfw disabling success rate.
SPOOF CONSOLE ID (IDPS):
If you want to spoof idps and psid, you need to the edit the PSNPATCH.cfg file
(see example).PSNPATCH will scan locations in the following order:
Press SQUARE just to spoof both idps and psid.
"ALL IN ONE":
Press CROSS to do a "ALL IN ONE": Spoof idps and psid, disable cfw syscalls and delete execution history. (3 beeps will inform of the success disabling cfw). You can even start psnpatch and keep X pressed until you ear the 3 beeps, bypassing the user interface and back to XMB !
INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:
When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
Press L1 - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed games by file type
Note 1: Advisable not process more than 20 files at the same time (if you sign more they will not appear in the log).
Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them from the USB stick.
Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will only work with that IDPS active!
Note 5: EDATs are IDPS independent
UNLOCK PSN GAME (C00) DEMOS:
PSNpatch can unlock game demos of c00 type. For each unlocked game there will be created a new EDAT.
Press R1 - A list of unlocked games will be displayed on screen.
If you don't want the user interface, just execute PSNPATCH and keep pressed CROSS or TRIANGLE until 3 beeps and get back to the XMB.
FIRMWARE VERSIONS COMPATIBILITY:
PSNPATCH should be compatible with every 4.XX version. It is independent of the CFW "flavour" (rebug, rogero, habib, steve, etc). Tested with 4.21, 4.25, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50 and 4.53. It should be compatible with future firmware releases, as it uses standard syscalls to process the spoofing method. It does the cfw disabling by searching and disabling the known "unofficial”syscalls 6,7,8,9,10,35,36 - and some "others" for Cobra
Equal to every 4.X firmware until now. The remaining functions deals with the ps3 file system and are also compatible with every firmware version.
TESTING IF PSNPATCH WORKS WITH YOUR SYSTEM:
IF you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
- Edit pasnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
- Run psnpatch keeping CROSS pressed until you ear 3 beeps or got back to XMB.
- If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
- You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values.
- You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an unsupported firmware version
COBRA SYSTEMS and PLUGINS:
- Cobra systems are also supported (running in any 4.46 and 4.53 habib cobra editions) with a list of additional functions.
- If the cobra firmware has the stealth extensions installed, it will use them for improved security (see bellow).
- In cobra systems there is also an option available to install plugins and add-ons.
- PSNPatch interface can install and remove:
- PSNPatch plugin (disable cfw / spoof idps & psid / deletes history / unloads from memory);
- Cobra stealth extensions;
- webMAN 1.26 special edition (a re-compiled versions that unloads from memory with psnpatch);
- XMB webMAN support (add "my games" and remove "app_home" from );
- PSNPatch plugin can be called with L3+R3+R2;
- 3 seconds, 3 beeps, and it is done !
- After disabling syscalls the plugin unloads itself from memory;
- webMAN special version based on official 1.26 included. It unloads itself from memory with PSNPatch when syscalls are disabled.
- If you have a previous version of the above plugins, remove using psnpatch interface, and re-install again with psnpatch.
- After installing the plug-ins, they will stay resident in memory until being unninstall from psnpatch interface.
- You can remove psnpatch application after installing the plugins !
PSNPATCH plug-in disables CFW, deletes execution history, SPOOFs idps and psid, and removes itself from memory. PRESS L3+R3+R2 in XMB to activate. PRESS L3+TRIANGLE+R2 in XMB - safety options for bad plug-ins: it disables ALL plug-ins (renames boot_plugins.txt) and reboot.
COBRA STEALTH extensions (optional):
I've added 2 opcode extensions for cobra that allows an higher stealth approach - when called, the extensions will remove cobra's syscall table protection, allowing a PERFECT syscall table reconstruction (mimic a OFW one). Use ONLY with your correct cobra version (any 4.46 or habib's 4.53 cobra editions). This change is made at stage2.bin level. As it is VERY sensitive to manipulate both ps3 flash memory and cobra's stage files, psnpatch can do this for you. It was tested toughly many different configurations without any issues. But, again, without any warranties!
Never execute any homebrew WHILE connected to the PSN ! And the safest way to keep being banned is to be offline!!!
PSNpatch condemns piracy! Use PSNpatch only for legally obtained games and content.
PsnPatch comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY. Use-it at your own risk.
- stoker25 for psidpatch.
- user for psnope.
- deank for webMAN and multiMAN.
- cobra authors for the MOST FANTASTIC firmware add-ons there are.
- habib for your weeks of HARD WORK in porting cobra to 4.53 !
- flatz, fail0verflow, snowydev, JuanNadie, EXE.trim.ALL, and all other for EDAT signing algorithms.
- all others I've not listed: Without you, it would have been impossible !