Update: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.92 is now available HERE to download, which contains some fixes as detailed, followed shortly by v1.97 HERE with more changes and a demonstration video below!
I didn't program most of PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7 and only take credit for merging 3r1c's Proxy Server and MyDownloader to create an application which automatically intercepts the downloads without the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect.
NOTE: My line only downloads at upto 175 Kilobytes, and usually without using this application, the PS3 only reaches around 30 - 40 Kilobytes.
- Built in Proxy Server
- Automatic Interception of PSN Downloads
- Segmented File Download's
- Pause and Resume File Transfers
- Download files while playing PS3 Games
Mr. Labigalini - MyDownloader (SOURCE)
3r1c - Proxy Server (SOURCE)
Develio13 - Mashing the Source
Hope you enjoy, and watch your PSN Downloads fly...
Q: What was the purpose in Mashing the source code?
I wanted an application that could automatically download files from the PSN without copying and pasting the url from the log into a download manager, and finally selecting a file to replace a given url.
Q: How do i use this application?
1. Make sure .NET framework 3.5 or greater is installed.
2. Start Internal IP.bat
3. Write down your IP Address
4. Start your Playstation Console
5. Goto Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings
6. Proceed with Custom Settings until Proxy Server
7. Choose Use and enter your IP Address, and port = 27
8. Save your changes by completing the wizard
9. Start the PSN DM.exe (NOT Proxy.exe)
Issues and Solutions:
Q: PS3 Downloads not showing in the GUI?
1. Close the application
2. Check for proxy.exe in processes with Windows Task Manager (End Process - If Any)
3. Make sure the path.txt file is in the executable path
4. Check destination folder in the path.txt exists
5. Confirm your proxy settings on the console
Q: When downloading from PSN it says "Please Wait" until error occurs?
1. Once it says "Please Wait" just press Circle and wait until download manager has finished.
2. Download the file from the PSN Again this will take the file from the PC Cache folder instead.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Proxy Server (100% Working with PKG to Playstation 3 Transfer)
Supports Playstation Video Store
Download Acceleration (5 Segments)
Pause and Resume Downloads
Use console while downloading files
Automatic Interception of Transfers
And many more...
For more information on setting this up, please read the README.txt file included (Updated in 3.27 release).
Before asking questions, make sure you've got everything setup right and tried the latest version with a clean install of it...
I'll be back again, if any Application breaking bugs occur...
This will not bypass firmware updates, nor will it allow you to swap the files from the 'Downloads' folder with a fake...
I've gone and Purchased a copy of Assasin's Creed today, and this has assisted greatly, because i also encountered the issue, which was caused by the Illegal Character Fix and the filename matcher was not recognizing the download was already done / in progress and just downloaded the file again.
I'll be releasing the patch shortly, 2 hours max once I've downloaded some more files through it, including Assassins Creed Update's...
I can confirm that the issue should and most likely is fixed, as it now works for me;
and hopefully everyone else...
Such little mistakes cause such huge issues, lol; One Fix = One Bug it's like a vicious circle caused by my poor documentation throughout the code.
I'll create a new thread, to make sure that people download the latest version, as i've noticed my download counter for old versions seem to be going up more than the latest version, Most people just don't read and click the first link they see, lmao...
I tried a second time but in vain. I did all what i had to do (country, Ip.bat...), i explain: When my download (assassin's creed patch) finishes i go to psn to re-download the file but it only tell me " please wait ", then an error occurs.