Update: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.92 is now available HERE to download, which contains some fixes as detailed, followed shortly by v1.97 HERE with more changes and a demonstration video below!
I didn't program most of PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7 and only take credit for merging 3r1c's Proxy Server and MyDownloader to create an application which automatically intercepts the downloads without the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect.
NOTE: My line only downloads at upto 175 Kilobytes, and usually without using this application, the PS3 only reaches around 30 - 40 Kilobytes.
- Built in Proxy Server
- Automatic Interception of PSN Downloads
- Segmented File Download's
- Pause and Resume File Transfers
- Download files while playing PS3 Games
Mr. Labigalini - MyDownloader (SOURCE)
3r1c - Proxy Server (SOURCE)
Develio13 - Mashing the Source
Hope you enjoy, and watch your PSN Downloads fly...
Q: What was the purpose in Mashing the source code?
I wanted an application that could automatically download files from the PSN without copying and pasting the url from the log into a download manager, and finally selecting a file to replace a given url.
Q: How do i use this application?
1. Make sure .NET framework 3.5 or greater is installed.
2. Start Internal IP.bat
3. Write down your IP Address
4. Start your Playstation Console
5. Goto Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings
6. Proceed with Custom Settings until Proxy Server
7. Choose Use and enter your IP Address, and port = 27
8. Save your changes by completing the wizard
9. Start the PSN DM.exe (NOT Proxy.exe)
Issues and Solutions:
Q: PS3 Downloads not showing in the GUI?
1. Close the application
2. Check for proxy.exe in processes with Windows Task Manager (End Process - If Any)
3. Make sure the path.txt file is in the executable path
4. Check destination folder in the path.txt exists
5. Confirm your proxy settings on the console
Q: When downloading from PSN it says "Please Wait" until error occurs?
1. Once it says "Please Wait" just press Circle and wait until download manager has finished.
2. Download the file from the PSN Again this will take the file from the PC Cache folder instead.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Trying this right now. Downloads are way faster but the app just crashes whenever I complete a download. Restarting the app just gives me an unhandled exception error. I can choose to continue but the download that completed will start at somewhere between the 70%-100% mark again. Using version 3.27
I used an older build earlier that completed downloads no probs but couldn't transfer the files since choosing to download them again on the PS3 would just make the download manager app download another copy (appending the filename with (1) or (2) since the original completed one already exists)
I'm using flashget to download it now, it keeps jumping back to 96 percent from 98.6 instead of completing at 100, i'm using a 60KBps server so thats like 10 hrs download im about to lose, any idea what i can do?
I'll release a patch for this, within the next 1 - 2 hours, i didn't know it would cause an issue with downloads.
Right, I've noticed that the current method I used doesn't allow downloads of more than 2048MB without throwing an error, and I'm left with only one option which is to re-code it in C++ and I'll be using the Free Download Manager Source code, and salvaging parts from this one and converting it.
Now unfortunately this could take another 2 - 3 days considering C++ is a new language to me and I've only used it once to create a Hello World message box and that was challenging itself.
Glad I've got an Open Source download manager to get me started and the Proxy from the current one