The PlayStation Download Manager 3.97 has been released with something you've all been wanting
It no longer displays the annoying advert however for anyone copying this, please don't hotlink or post as attachments. Use the provided adf.ly link as this help's fund web hosting and cover the cost of resource's like bandwidth which is costly in the UK (Rural Areas).
The issue with the application not starting has also been resolved, and seemed to be people missing the latest, Java, .NET and IE.
so make sure you've got the latest versions or follow the troubleshooting instructions; this should run better than older versions
1) The advertisement shown on start-up has been removed
2) The premium membership has been discontinued as it serves no purpose any more (It's ad free)
3) Further improvement to the code as the premium account check has been removed
4) Adjustments to the threading to prevent the application from freezing when checking for new versions (Very rare glitch)
5) Definitely working on firmware 3.66 (Older PS Download Managers may not due to changes in the PSN)
Have a good day,
(Pixolia Solutions LTD)
PS: blazr, you need the latest version from our official site linked above.. and it can install PKG file's without any errors
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
The Playstation Download Manager 4.00 Alpha will become an unlockable upgrade, as the final release has been delayed until the PS Vita has been released (Due to development to support this new PS Product).
However I felt that people might enjoy some of the following features, to see what is coming:
1) Firmware Update Blocker - Working on OFW 3.70+ with PSN access for up to 2 weeks.
2) Automatic Updates for your games library - Selection isn't quite working, but downloads are.
3) Futher enhanced the reliability and success start-up rates, for those having errors first time.
Please note that this isn't the final product and it might have issues loading on some computers where as previous builds worked fine, as for those who can't get previous builds to work then this version should resolve that.
So by now your asking yourself, How do I start to unlock alpha access?
Simple, just follow these steps below to begin unlocking your access.
1) Visit http://pixolia.co.uk/ and register | login
2) Your IP address has been recorded, including the next two url's you visit (Tracking who earned access)
3) Go to http://awards.t3.com/wishlist/public/JordanDyckes
4) Vote for my Wishlist
5) Thank you, once a 1000+ votes have been logged you'll receive an e-mail containing the download link to the Playstation Download Manager 4.00 Alpha.
A big thank you to those who do vote for my wishlist, I always wanted a decent camera to pursue my interest in photography.
Thank you for this wonderful application i had a hard time download ps3 game updates with my 10mbps connection, now all thanks to this i can download with my full speed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
by the way for anyone that doesn't know, this works on any type of ps3 as I myself have a non-jailbroken ps3 and i just installed heavy rain update so try it and I SWEAR you won't regret it...
please help i seem to have a problem with it, everytime i start it it shows 2 errors, one .NET framework error and the other is this: "Unable to initialize the proxy / ftp server, check port not already in use or proxy.exe / server.exe process already running"
need help with this See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MyDownloader.App.UI.MainForm.á‚€(Object á‚€, EventArgs á‚€)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.