The PlayStation Download Manager 3.97 has been released with something you've all been wanting
It no longer displays the annoying advert however for anyone copying this, please don't hotlink or post as attachments. Use the provided adf.ly link as this help's fund web hosting and cover the cost of resource's like bandwidth which is costly in the UK (Rural Areas).
The issue with the application not starting has also been resolved, and seemed to be people missing the latest, Java, .NET and IE.
so make sure you've got the latest versions or follow the troubleshooting instructions; this should run better than older versions
1) The advertisement shown on start-up has been removed
2) The premium membership has been discontinued as it serves no purpose any more (It's ad free)
3) Further improvement to the code as the premium account check has been removed
4) Adjustments to the threading to prevent the application from freezing when checking for new versions (Very rare glitch)
5) Definitely working on firmware 3.66 (Older PS Download Managers may not due to changes in the PSN)
Have a good day,
(Pixolia Solutions LTD)
PS: blazr, you need the latest version from our official site linked above.. and it can install PKG file's without any errors
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Today PS3 Download Manager / Booster 3.57 is available which includes some major improvements!
Please refer to this thread for a description and details about the application, includes links to versions before as well.
Download URL: http://playstationdm.zapto.org/
Snippet from change log:
- Improved download system, to prevent overwriting existing files / downloading wrong file.
- Uses a folder layout to resolve conflicts with same filenames but different file.
- Enhanced range of Playstation Content support, (A bug stopped the program from accepting all file formats, like png)
- Improved stability of the application
- Outputs a Log.txt containing urls captured by the application, to allow you to add the file extension; if you want it to be captured in the download manager / booster.
- Now allows you to change to port the proxy uses by creating a file called port.txt otherise default of 27.
- Fixed bug, where a message keeps appearing on start-up; this will only appear when theres an update and will not display a load of garbage
- Fixed download issue, with files not being saved in the location given in path.txt
- Slight performance improvments by reducing the length of the code for several operations.
Known bug (Not really worth fixing atm, as it fixes it's self):
- When signing in for the first time, you'll get an error; however it should resolve it's self on the second attempt and work first time afterwards.
- iPlayer App Crashes proxy.exe but I think if you remove the file extensions from the ext.txt for the file types you don't want, it should fix it.
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User use the following:
Playstation Home Users use:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.