The PlayStation Download Manager 3.97 has been released with something you've all been wanting
It no longer displays the annoying advert however for anyone copying this, please don't hotlink or post as attachments. Use the provided adf.ly link as this help's fund web hosting and cover the cost of resource's like bandwidth which is costly in the UK (Rural Areas).
The issue with the application not starting has also been resolved, and seemed to be people missing the latest, Java, .NET and IE.
so make sure you've got the latest versions or follow the troubleshooting instructions; this should run better than older versions
1) The advertisement shown on start-up has been removed
2) The premium membership has been discontinued as it serves no purpose any more (It's ad free)
3) Further improvement to the code as the premium account check has been removed
4) Adjustments to the threading to prevent the application from freezing when checking for new versions (Very rare glitch)
5) Definitely working on firmware 3.66 (Older PS Download Managers may not due to changes in the PSN)
Have a good day,
(Pixolia Solutions LTD)
PS: blazr, you need the latest version from our official site linked above.. and it can install PKG file's without any errors
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
just dropping by to say thanks again, this software has bseen a life saver, its working fine on 4.41, i can only pray it works on ps4, the game sizes might be crazy, is there a way to make pc to console transfer faster? its about 400mb per minute now...
Has anyone else had any luck with getting version 4.10 working properly with official firmware 4.41? Can get it to download the package file to the computer, but when it comes to transferring it to the ps3, it will hand on the "Please wait" screen until the ps3 times out even though the file is fully downloaded on the computer.
I have also tried version 3.62 of the download manager (I can't find any of the versions in between still available online). With v3.62, the transfer to the ps3 will start but is painfully slow and will eventually fail about halfway though. I'm running Windows 8 x64, .NET 4.5 full, and Java 7 update 21
I must apologize for the delay, I had a really hard time getting the files to compile and have been busy studying at University.
The website will no longer be maintained as it's no longer required to launch the download manager, I was able to strip the security features from the program such as IP Authentication which forced people to download from a specific url or the program wouldn't display an error saying 'Download from Official Site!'
Version 4.10 (Version 4.00 was skipped as it was already made but never released, 4.10 contains several changes implemented by myself.)
Here is a download link: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/pwPnF9E3ay/
Also allows me to track download counts, region etc to ensure, everybody knows about the new version.
# Formerly known as Playstation Download Manager 3.97
## Written by Jordan Dyckes (Develio13) who passed away during last year.
### Officially released by myself (Garry Hill) with permission from the developer.
Build Version: 4.10 (Final) - Should last the entire lifespan of PS3.
1. Enabled Anti-Virus scanning features
2. Firmware Blocking (Works for around 3 - 5 Days)
3. View your games / updater (Automatic) - Might be broken.
4. Uses settings.cfg instead of multi-files.
5. Stripped away security protocols used to prevent downloads from other sites, resulting in faster loading times.
6. Random web-browser pop-up removed, wasn't supposed to happen anyway.
7. Improved connection scripts, more stable and slightly faster.
8. Updated proxy coding, better connection between console and pc.
9. Included some new file types
10. Potentially fixed the scheduler (not sure)
11. Reduced dependencies on other libraries.
12. Disabled automatic update checker (for this program, G Hill.)
13. Stripped redundant coding and resources.
14. Improved the speed-limiter for more reliability.
15. Multi-Threading and Memory management has been enhanced.
16. Automatic Dual Proxy mode, for improved console stability.
17. Identifies console updates and pre-downloads, ready for install. (Console must power-on first, should block the update first time; so you can play games online while waiting for the update.)
18. Better segmentation management, to determine between ADSL or Cable - less chance of speed dwindling towards finish.
19. Checked support for Windows 8 (Confirmed / G Hill)
20. Now using pass-through in Dual-Proxy mode to allow iPlayer and Web Browsing (Notes indicate partially broken, not working as designed.)
21. Changed name to P-SEN (G Hill, PSN no longer applies.)
Special Features that remain:
1. Support for over 10 languages, sorry for translation errors.
2. Connection Optimizer (Adapts the download code, accordingly. Tested up to 50 Mbps)
3. Speed Limiter
4. Schedule Time for downloads
5. Speed Monitor in bottom bar
The setup instructions remain the same,
1. Start the P-SEN.exe and allow through firewall
2. Run Internal IP.bat and find your IP Address, preferable to set a static IP on your PC.
3. Under network settings on your console, select custom and when asked for proxy select Yes / Enable then enter your IP Address and port 27 (unless changed in Settings.cfg)
You'll need the following files:
A) Windows Vista or newer.
B) .NET 4.0 (Full)
C) Java (Latest)
Notice: This will be the last release, as I am unable to develop this program due to lack of knowledge in this area; however the progress made by Jordan should enable this application to continue functioning throughout the remaining lifespan on the PS3 and potentially the PS4 as well with a few tweaks such as File Types, though automatic updating would become broke due to the database only supporting PS3.
I hope you enjoy this release, a ton of work went into producing it and a struggle by my silly-self to make necessary changes, compiling the certificates was a nightmare that took over 10 weeks to figure out; but it's done now...
Mr. G Hill.
# I was left the documents by Jordan to complete his work, this accounts details were stored as an encrypted text file; just to clarify that I have permission to use this account and how I gained access for the knowledge of others.