132w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you can access for only £1.00 a month this covers the cost of our server hosting etc, time to maintain our software and create your accounts
Here is the list of changes, which have been made
Changes from 3.80 -> 3.82
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault. )
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Displays active seeder count
5) New P2P cloud structure for premium members
6) Features UPnP automatic port forwarding
7) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
8) Several stability changes
9) Intelligent Tracker system, with automatic IP control
10) Integrated Apache server for http file sharing
11) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
12) Youtube can now be watched via the browser
13) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
14) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
15) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
16) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
You can download it now, via our Web site at http://adf.ly/1UUdZ - This link helps, support my work by funding, bricked consoles, web hosting and development time
P.S Only bricked one console, by powering off during update by mistake but it happens from time to time...
I hope you enjoy our product, and in return we'll keep on working away to ensure it's never broken and will always work on the PSN no matter how many firmware releases there are (with the exception Sony block our methods, or remove proxy support; which would be their loss not mine.)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hi, I've noticed some sites not linking to my site and misleading people into downloading old versions such as 3.82 containing various bugs, and seems very few sites clearly stated that 3.83 is released which resulted in a decline of users, due to the bugs present.
All I ask is, if possible when publishing a copy of this article or rewriting it for your site please please make sure you use the link provided rather than uploading it as an attachment on your site, if it's not possible then attach the file but make sure there is a link saying something like "Get the latest version, here" I'd be ever so grateful for this being acknowledged.
Now with that little speech out of the way, here is what version 3.87 has to offer:
1) A few minor changes to the core, increasing responsiveness and should fix crashing or not starting up for many users. (Important part of this update)
2) Reduced size of the file, from 636KB to 488KB removed some old files which are no longer used.
3) Reverted the cache folder to it's original of Downloads rather than Shared. (You can now change this without breaking features of the application)
I urge anyone who's used versions prior to this, for a fresh install in a new location on your hard drive so the settings are reset to default values, you may however copy / move your downloads folder in with the new version and it should remain functional.
Now hurry up, and download it! The playstation store is due to return within the next 24 hours for Europe and America with a nice big Welcome Back pack, expect the PSN to be slow so use my application to grab it at the full speed, please note users not using my application will most likely find there downloads going slower because of the users using PSN Download Manager lol
Have fun, leeching your free content
A little message, for my buddy PS3 News could this be put on the main page, as other websites have copied the article but not provided a link to the latest version as this happened when I released 3.82 followed by 3.83 to patch it but only 3.82 appeared on other sites misleading users into downloading a faulty version.