132w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you can access for only £1.00 a month this covers the cost of our server hosting etc, time to maintain our software and create your accounts
Here is the list of changes, which have been made
Changes from 3.80 -> 3.82
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault. )
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Displays active seeder count
5) New P2P cloud structure for premium members
6) Features UPnP automatic port forwarding
7) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
8) Several stability changes
9) Intelligent Tracker system, with automatic IP control
10) Integrated Apache server for http file sharing
11) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
12) Youtube can now be watched via the browser
13) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
14) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
15) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
16) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
You can download it now, via our Web site at http://adf.ly/1UUdZ - This link helps, support my work by funding, bricked consoles, web hosting and development time
P.S Only bricked one console, by powering off during update by mistake but it happens from time to time...
I hope you enjoy our product, and in return we'll keep on working away to ensure it's never broken and will always work on the PSN no matter how many firmware releases there are (with the exception Sony block our methods, or remove proxy support; which would be their loss not mine.)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Can this APP be used to Load a PKG file on a Legit PS3? Also since this APP speeds up download etc, can this help when it comes to hosting games? As in it will give better DwnL/UpL as well? or do games use the full capacity anyways...
Hi, sorry for the delay in the updates I've been a bit busy this month however have found the time to add a small feature into the PSN Download Manager program which is now updated to version 3.93.
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you've paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it's connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.
PSN Download Manager 3.93 Changes:
1) Added the Connection Optimizer
2) Reduced / Improved the code by around 20KB
You can check out the site, with the download from: http://adf.ly/1UUdZ
Setting Up Your Console:
1. Start Your Playstation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle
You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the PlayStation...
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User's use the following:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.