132w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you can access for only £1.00 a month this covers the cost of our server hosting etc, time to maintain our software and create your accounts
Here is the list of changes, which have been made
Changes from 3.80 -> 3.82
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault. )
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Displays active seeder count
5) New P2P cloud structure for premium members
6) Features UPnP automatic port forwarding
7) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
8) Several stability changes
9) Intelligent Tracker system, with automatic IP control
10) Integrated Apache server for http file sharing
11) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
12) Youtube can now be watched via the browser
13) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
14) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
15) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
16) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
You can download it now, via our Web site at http://adf.ly/1UUdZ - This link helps, support my work by funding, bricked consoles, web hosting and development time
P.S Only bricked one console, by powering off during update by mistake but it happens from time to time...
I hope you enjoy our product, and in return we'll keep on working away to ensure it's never broken and will always work on the PSN no matter how many firmware releases there are (with the exception Sony block our methods, or remove proxy support; which would be their loss not mine.)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hi, Blazr. Just copy the folder containing the file, and paste in back into the download's folder on his pc. I would definitely get a portable hdd, if you do this regularly and run the program from the portable hdd. Have very slow Internet at home, so when I was at college I hooked up my hdd to a pc and used there 1Gbps connection.
Hi, Aaronhiep. Is this a fresh install? or have you used the software before? might want to try clearing your cache as I was using the program today without any issues (Apart from forgetting to start the program itself)
Thanks for the heads up Jordan, i will try this in the mourning and i will report back with my findings, about the PKG misunderstanding i meant it will not install unretail, ie homebrew signed, PKGs, only retail ones obtained from the store.
sorry to bother but one more question, to game share my dlc do i, copy the file and download log to my friends pc and his psn dm, sign in there then click it to transfer? Or is there an easier way of sending him my link?
Today I have released PSN Download Manager 3.97 which is now ad-free and features improved code among the changes outlined below.
Download: http://adf.ly/1UUdZ (Under products, PlayStation Download Manager or link on homepage)
The PlayStation Download Manager 3.97 has been released with something you've all been wanting
It no longer displays the annoying advert however for anyone copying this, please don't hotlink or post as attachments. Use the provided adf.ly link as this help's fund web hosting and cover the cost of resource's like bandwidth which is costly in the UK (Rural Areas).
The issue with the application not starting has also been resolved, and seemed to be people missing the latest, Java, .NET and IE.
so make sure you've got the latest versions or follow the troubleshooting instructions; this should run better than older versions
1) The advertisement shown on start-up has been removed
2) The premium membership has been discontinued as it serves no purpose any more (It's ad free)
3) Further improvement to the code as the premium account check has been removed
4) Adjustments to the threading to prevent the application from freezing when checking for new versions (Very rare glitch)
5) Definitely working on firmware 3.66 (Older PS Download Managers may not due to changes in the PSN)
Have a good day,
(Pixolia Solutions LTD)
PS: blazr, you need the latest version from our official site linked above.. and it can install PKG file's without any errors