132w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you can access for only £1.00 a month this covers the cost of our server hosting etc, time to maintain our software and create your accounts
Here is the list of changes, which have been made
Changes from 3.80 -> 3.82
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault. )
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Displays active seeder count
5) New P2P cloud structure for premium members
6) Features UPnP automatic port forwarding
7) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
8) Several stability changes
9) Intelligent Tracker system, with automatic IP control
10) Integrated Apache server for http file sharing
11) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
12) Youtube can now be watched via the browser
13) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
14) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
15) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
16) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
You can download it now, via our Web site at http://adf.ly/1UUdZ - This link helps, support my work by funding, bricked consoles, web hosting and development time
P.S Only bricked one console, by powering off during update by mistake but it happens from time to time...
I hope you enjoy our product, and in return we'll keep on working away to ensure it's never broken and will always work on the PSN no matter how many firmware releases there are (with the exception Sony block our methods, or remove proxy support; which would be their loss not mine.)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
The Playstation Download Manager 4.00 Alpha will become an unlockable upgrade, as the final release has been delayed until the PS Vita has been released (Due to development to support this new PS Product).
However I felt that people might enjoy some of the following features, to see what is coming:
1) Firmware Update Blocker - Working on OFW 3.70+ with PSN access for up to 2 weeks.
2) Automatic Updates for your games library - Selection isn't quite working, but downloads are.
3) Futher enhanced the reliability and success start-up rates, for those having errors first time.
Please note that this isn't the final product and it might have issues loading on some computers where as previous builds worked fine, as for those who can't get previous builds to work then this version should resolve that.
So by now your asking yourself, How do I start to unlock alpha access?
Simple, just follow these steps below to begin unlocking your access.
1) Visit http://pixolia.co.uk/ and register | login
2) Your IP address has been recorded, including the next two url's you visit (Tracking who earned access)
3) Go to http://awards.t3.com/wishlist/public/JordanDyckes
4) Vote for my Wishlist
5) Thank you, once a 1000+ votes have been logged you'll receive an e-mail containing the download link to the Playstation Download Manager 4.00 Alpha.
A big thank you to those who do vote for my wishlist, I always wanted a decent camera to pursue my interest in photography.
Thank you for this wonderful application i had a hard time download ps3 game updates with my 10mbps connection, now all thanks to this i can download with my full speed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
by the way for anyone that doesn't know, this works on any type of ps3 as I myself have a non-jailbroken ps3 and i just installed heavy rain update so try it and I SWEAR you won't regret it...
please help i seem to have a problem with it, everytime i start it it shows 2 errors, one .NET framework error and the other is this: "Unable to initialize the proxy / ftp server, check port not already in use or proxy.exe / server.exe process already running"
need help with this See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MyDownloader.App.UI.MainForm.á‚€(Object á‚€, EventArgs á‚€)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.