133w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you can access for only £1.00 a month this covers the cost of our server hosting etc, time to maintain our software and create your accounts
Here is the list of changes, which have been made
Changes from 3.80 -> 3.82
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault. )
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Displays active seeder count
5) New P2P cloud structure for premium members
6) Features UPnP automatic port forwarding
7) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
8) Several stability changes
9) Intelligent Tracker system, with automatic IP control
10) Integrated Apache server for http file sharing
11) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
12) Youtube can now be watched via the browser
13) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
14) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
15) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
16) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
You can download it now, via our Web site at http://adf.ly/1UUdZ - This link helps, support my work by funding, bricked consoles, web hosting and development time
P.S Only bricked one console, by powering off during update by mistake but it happens from time to time...
I hope you enjoy our product, and in return we'll keep on working away to ensure it's never broken and will always work on the PSN no matter how many firmware releases there are (with the exception Sony block our methods, or remove proxy support; which would be their loss not mine.)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Has anyone else had any luck with getting version 4.10 working properly with official firmware 4.41? Can get it to download the package file to the computer, but when it comes to transferring it to the ps3, it will hand on the "Please wait" screen until the ps3 times out even though the file is fully downloaded on the computer.
I have also tried version 3.62 of the download manager (I can't find any of the versions in between still available online). With v3.62, the transfer to the ps3 will start but is painfully slow and will eventually fail about halfway though. I'm running Windows 8 x64, .NET 4.5 full, and Java 7 update 21
I must apologize for the delay, I had a really hard time getting the files to compile and have been busy studying at University.
The website will no longer be maintained as it's no longer required to launch the download manager, I was able to strip the security features from the program such as IP Authentication which forced people to download from a specific url or the program wouldn't display an error saying 'Download from Official Site!'
Version 4.10 (Version 4.00 was skipped as it was already made but never released, 4.10 contains several changes implemented by myself.)
Here is a download link: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/pwPnF9E3ay/
Also allows me to track download counts, region etc to ensure, everybody knows about the new version.
# Formerly known as Playstation Download Manager 3.97
## Written by Jordan Dyckes (Develio13) who passed away during last year.
### Officially released by myself (Garry Hill) with permission from the developer.
Build Version: 4.10 (Final) - Should last the entire lifespan of PS3.
1. Enabled Anti-Virus scanning features
2. Firmware Blocking (Works for around 3 - 5 Days)
3. View your games / updater (Automatic) - Might be broken.
4. Uses settings.cfg instead of multi-files.
5. Stripped away security protocols used to prevent downloads from other sites, resulting in faster loading times.
6. Random web-browser pop-up removed, wasn't supposed to happen anyway.
7. Improved connection scripts, more stable and slightly faster.
8. Updated proxy coding, better connection between console and pc.
9. Included some new file types
10. Potentially fixed the scheduler (not sure)
11. Reduced dependencies on other libraries.
12. Disabled automatic update checker (for this program, G Hill.)
13. Stripped redundant coding and resources.
14. Improved the speed-limiter for more reliability.
15. Multi-Threading and Memory management has been enhanced.
16. Automatic Dual Proxy mode, for improved console stability.
17. Identifies console updates and pre-downloads, ready for install. (Console must power-on first, should block the update first time; so you can play games online while waiting for the update.)
18. Better segmentation management, to determine between ADSL or Cable - less chance of speed dwindling towards finish.
19. Checked support for Windows 8 (Confirmed / G Hill)
20. Now using pass-through in Dual-Proxy mode to allow iPlayer and Web Browsing (Notes indicate partially broken, not working as designed.)
21. Changed name to P-SEN (G Hill, PSN no longer applies.)
Special Features that remain:
1. Support for over 10 languages, sorry for translation errors.
2. Connection Optimizer (Adapts the download code, accordingly. Tested up to 50 Mbps)
3. Speed Limiter
4. Schedule Time for downloads
5. Speed Monitor in bottom bar
The setup instructions remain the same,
1. Start the P-SEN.exe and allow through firewall
2. Run Internal IP.bat and find your IP Address, preferable to set a static IP on your PC.
3. Under network settings on your console, select custom and when asked for proxy select Yes / Enable then enter your IP Address and port 27 (unless changed in Settings.cfg)
You'll need the following files:
A) Windows Vista or newer.
B) .NET 4.0 (Full)
C) Java (Latest)
Notice: This will be the last release, as I am unable to develop this program due to lack of knowledge in this area; however the progress made by Jordan should enable this application to continue functioning throughout the remaining lifespan on the PS3 and potentially the PS4 as well with a few tweaks such as File Types, though automatic updating would become broke due to the database only supporting PS3.
I hope you enjoy this release, a ton of work went into producing it and a struggle by my silly-self to make necessary changes, compiling the certificates was a nightmare that took over 10 weeks to figure out; but it's done now...
Mr. G Hill.
# I was left the documents by Jordan to complete his work, this accounts details were stored as an encrypted text file; just to clarify that I have permission to use this account and how I gained access for the knowledge of others.
Today I am here to report some unfortunate new's regarding my lifetime friend, Jordan Dyckes who passed away back in March this year due to heart related issue's not further aided by the stress he had undertaken in progressing towards operating a successful company.
I'd also like to note that someone since his death has been using his Username, E-Mail and Business Name and in some instances his actual name as well. This is a disgusting act, and infringement of personal rights; however little can be done about this, but I'd like everyone to remember Jordan for who he was and not the person using his details to mark an appalling reputation upon him.
Within my opinion, this could well be a previous customer of his whom was dissatisfied with the shut-down procedure of his company; they even tried starting a new hosting company with his details and deliberately sabotaged other companies by refusing to pay them and got horrible posts written about him; none of which he has actually committed since he passed away before this had happened.
I have informed companies house and the company will be removed from the active register so nobody can abuse the details in the future and have filed requests with Google in my best efforts to clear his name for him.
With all respect towards his enthusiasm & commitment in providing the best for everyone, always thinking about what other people needed; and sharing it with them for free.
We always went on Holiday each year and spent most our Summer Holidays / Weekends together, making the most of our childhoods; on many occasions he'd offer and pay towards something I'd like, but couldn't afford and never once did he ask me for his money back.
He was truly a friend who you could exchange secrets with and never worry about it, supportive and always gave the best advice to me when I needed it.
So without due course, and without starting to ramble about my childhood with him; I'll proceed with the status of the Playstation Download Manager which he was never able to complete.
I was left with some information, which has allowed me to login into his home computer and eventually locate the source code behind his most popular work: The playstation download manager and so forth have been working day and night this month on attempting to complete a compilation of the code.
However I'm still bewildered by his extent of security taken to prevent others from modifying his work and so forth, I'm working on reactivating a security token which will allow part of the code to run without being downloaded from the official website (which ceases to exist anymore, originally due to funding issues).
Once this has been completed I'm hoping to near a complete build, so version 4.00 can be run without advertisements, machine restrictions or download registration requirements etc.
Please give myself another month, just in advanced and I should have a build ready for uploading; however I cannot promise all the functions will be working / completed as I am not a programmer and can only go by the documentation he has left on his computer.