1. Start Your PlayStation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle
You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the PlayStation...
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hi, I've noticed some sites not linking to my site and misleading people into downloading old versions such as 3.82 containing various bugs, and seems very few sites clearly stated that 3.83 is released which resulted in a decline of users, due to the bugs present.
All I ask is, if possible when publishing a copy of this article or rewriting it for your site please please make sure you use the link provided rather than uploading it as an attachment on your site, if it's not possible then attach the file but make sure there is a link saying something like "Get the latest version, here" I'd be ever so grateful for this being acknowledged.
Now with that little speech out of the way, here is what version 3.87 has to offer:
1) A few minor changes to the core, increasing responsiveness and should fix crashing or not starting up for many users. (Important part of this update)
2) Reduced size of the file, from 636KB to 488KB removed some old files which are no longer used.
3) Reverted the cache folder to it's original of Downloads rather than Shared. (You can now change this without breaking features of the application)
I urge anyone who's used versions prior to this, for a fresh install in a new location on your hard drive so the settings are reset to default values, you may however copy / move your downloads folder in with the new version and it should remain functional.
Now hurry up, and download it! The playstation store is due to return within the next 24 hours for Europe and America with a nice big Welcome Back pack, expect the PSN to be slow so use my application to grab it at the full speed, please note users not using my application will most likely find there downloads going slower because of the users using PSN Download Manager lol
Have fun, leeching your free content
A little message, for my buddy PS3 News could this be put on the main page, as other websites have copied the article but not provided a link to the latest version as this happened when I released 3.82 followed by 3.83 to patch it but only 3.82 appeared on other sites misleading users into downloading a faulty version.