143w ago - Earlier today we reported that the PSJailBreak PS3 modchip is easily dumped and that PSJailBreak clones are already on the way, and now some PlayStation 3 developers are working on reverse-engineering the costly USB device in hopes to make a less expensive or free scene alternative available soon.
Tsujin, knightsolidus and bushing have made brief attempts at determining the PSJailBreak IC chip and pin-out, while Neme6 of Logic-Sunrise (linked above) has also shared his findings thus far.
More pictures are available HERE for those curious, and to quote, roughly translated on the linked pics:
"Many teams are studying the JSP to try to clone a low cost and how it works. From the photos released, I tried to determine the electronic design of PSJ.
Here is the result of my work and my observations. Feel free to post if can lighten the shadows that remain.
First ICP is probably the type PIC18F declination 4455, 4550, 4458, 4553. The size of the EEPROM is 256 bytes."
• The blue dots A, B and D control the LEDs.
• The blue dots ¤ K, L, G and H are for power (Vdd, Vss).
• I suppose the blue dots M, I and J are to program the PIC (ICPGC, ICPGD, / MCLR).
• Points E and F are blue and OSC1 OSC2. They should be connected to XTAL (orange dots A and B).
• And the GND (file alpha) through two 22pF capacity.
• The orange dot ¤ F, there should be a link with USB.D-(I can not quite see from the photos).
• Maybe the orange dot at point C is connected blue M (ICPGC).
• Maybe the orange dot C is connected to pin 33 (/ ICRST).
• I guess the orange dot E is connected to a via (through hole) noted alpha.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Honestly I dont see what the big deal is about getting banned from the Psn, Except for losing stuff you purchased online, Besides that if you can run unsigned code I am sure that the Console Id is contained in the "Flash", So I am sure someone will just write some program as a console id spoofer.
Spoofing the Console Id before could not be done b/c sony uses SSL and TLS Encryption when logging into the PSN.