167w ago - Today shuffle2 has successfully ported the original PSGroove payload to Rockbox, an open-source replacement firmware for MP3 players, and OGroteKoning shared a simple guide for those interested followed by an updated guide.
In addition, id10terrorshared PSGroove ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200, c200v1 Series and others along with a guide (below) and DanyL has released a few RockBox PSGroove Installers available below.
To quote: "I built a small program that allows easy installation of PSGroove on iPod devices. It's still in beta and it lacks of automatic installation of iPL. But it works pretty well." In v1.0b2: "Added support for sansa E200v1, E200R, C200v1 (including bootloader installation). Fixed some bugs."
To quote from PSGroove: Of the rockbox compatible MP3 players, shuffle2 has tested this on a 5th generation ipod video.
He states it will work on all PP502x based targets. Currently it is using the original psgroove payload, without any extra features.
However, he has plans to integrate some of the better psgroove payload revisions.
When asked which other devices were compatible, he stated: "theoretically anything that rockbox supports (but people with the devices would need to do some simple patches first)"
PSGroove Ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200 Series and Others Guide:
1. Download Rockbox Installer - http://www.rockbox.org/download/
2. Use installer to install at least the minimal Rockbox installation
Once Rockbox is up and running normally on your Sansa e200:
3. Extract the attached zip file into the root of your Sansa and let it overwrite any newer files.
4. Disconnect and restart your Sansa.
Once your Sansa is re-booted into the new Rockbox:
5. Turn off the back Power switch or Disconnect PS3.
6. Connect the Sansa via USB to your PS3. (make sure it's the only thing connected)
7. Turn the Power switch back.
8. Press the touch sensitive Power Button and then Eject immediately after.
+ Compiled for Sansa e200v1
+ Compiled for Sansa c200v1
+ Tested and working on Sansa e200R (Rhapsody version - Thanks for testing Armen1er)
• To return Sansa to normal, just run the Automatic installer and reinstall Rockbox.
• To access original firmware and USB functionality: Turn on Sansa while holding down the left (or back) button. Then Connect to your PC's USB.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Sad to say, but the development of payloads has stopped a long time ago. There have been a variety of custom firmware out for a while now and the guys who coded the payloads are either developing custom firmware or has stopped altogether.
Your best bet (in my opinion) is to get a Teensy from PJRC and use the payloads from this site if you want to use jailbreak option (just search for the threads). The best alternative though, is to load custom firmware. There are a lot of information on this site to help you make up your mind which custom firmware to use.
TBH, I would have thought the "old" jailbreaking threads would be closed by now with a message similar to what I typed above.