78w ago - Following up on their previous progress updates, today the PS3UserCheat PS3 Cheat USB dongle has been hacked for use on PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) without a dongle by Oct0xor (aka Mr. DongleBreaker) and Flat_z.
Below are some excerpts from his Twitter (linked above), as follows:
Release: ps3usercheat dongle pwned!
I am not a lone wolf and say thanks to all who helps me anyhow with this: @flat_z. <3
Also thanks to Baphometh from psjailbreak.ru who donated dongle to me. Btw its first dongle hacked since original psjailbreak.. all features are available. 1/3... Who's next ?
This also does screenshots in all games. I had patch all by hand, binary. Btw the latest 6.0 cheatlist will be later, when I get some free time.
PS3UserCheat doesn't currently work on TB or Cobra CFW (kicks you back to the PS3 XMB), possibly because it may use peek & poke (speculation at the moment).
Also God of War 3 (BCUS98111) PS3 freezes / locks up the PS3 console when using previous game saves so a new save is required for use with cheats.
To change the title ID you simply need to load the PARAM.SFO in PS3SFOEdit and modify it with another title ID, so you have to use only the real title ID for the game (US, EUR, etc.).
For example in GOW3 (BCUS98111) you don't have the choice to change in-game language for the subtitles, or audio. But when you change the title ID to BCES00510 (EUR version) the menu appears in the options. Don't forget to make backups of your files before you modify them!
Finally, below is a brief PS3UserCheat Tutorial from jakenastysnake (via psx-scene.com/forums/f224/ps3usercheat-103959/#post978858):
STEP 1: You will need to download the PS3usercheat PKG file. Hopefully this part is self explanatory, but if not, then continue on...
Unzip the file and put the .pkg file on the root of a USB drive (The package should be named UP0001-CHET11111_00-0000111122223333.pkg)
STEP 2: Insert your USB drive into the PS3 and find the "Install Package" option under the Game column in the XMB. Install the package. After the package has been installed, the PS3usercheat icon should be visible under Game.
This is a good time to insert your PS3 game disc and load up a game from Multiman or whatever you use for a backup manager. Be sure to make note of the game ID before loading it up... you WILL need it.
STEP 3: Run PS3usercheat (or CU or Code Unique... whatever you wanna call it) and locate your game in the list. It is VERY important that your game ID's match up or this will not work properly. When you find your game, press Circle to view the available cheats. Again, you MUST press Circle to select the cheats that you want. After selecting your cheats, press Start.
STEP 4: You should be back at the XMB now.
*Note - I noticed that if you try loading your game through the */app_home/PS3_GAME/ option, the cheats might not work and when you quit the game, the cheats will be reset (Ex: God of War III on Rebug 3.55.2). That being the case, I would run the game from the disc icon instead.
Run the game from the disc icon and wait for it to load. Test the cheats out and if they work, great! If not, double check your game ID. Also, BE SURE you run the game from the disc icon instead of */app_home/PS3_GAME/
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
OK, thanks for the heads up on this. In the end, this gives me the ability to cheat, which I didn't want to do (and I don't get in general why people want to, but hey that's up to them)
In the end, I erased the save file on the HD and applied my save with the resigner and it worked.
So, case in point if anyone else is having a hard time. Although when you copy it over to your harddrive it will erase what you had there previously, it still wasn't working. Erasing the original save file from your HD before copying it over with ftp or USB stick worked for me. May or may not work for other games, but it's worth trying for sure! Try this for anyone having a few problems.
This may be of use for that title, worth a try anyway: http://uploadmirrors.com/download/1G1VTOCU/GT5CB.rar
Another few updates by qorner for the GT5 save game editor (aka GT5 Career Booster): http://uploadmirrors.com/download/5F1MZRBE/GT5CB-12242012.rar and also http://rghost.net/42581355
Gran Turismo 5 Save Editor / Gran Turismo 5 Career Booster (GT5CB)
What you get with this tool is 20 000 000 in-game credits, and A-Spec level 40.
First of all, whatever you do, always backup your files! Second, you must upgrade Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) to version 2.09, run it afterwards, load your game, perform manual save from "GT Mode" and finally exit GT5.
Copy GT5 saved data from console to storage media. Tutorial can be found here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/copysavedata.html
Download Gran Turismo 5 Career Booster (GT5CB) from SourceForge (new and official source): https://sourceforge.net/projects/gt5cb/files/
Note that I'm not the developer of this tool! I accidentally stumble upon it while using Google
1. Create a folder near your root drive for pfdtool (i.e. c:/pfdtool/), then extract all files into that folder from the linked archive.
2. Download and install wireshark and winPcap (included with the wireshark installer)
3. Download and install the .net runtimes
4. Download and install PS3 ProxyServer
5. Open a command prompt (start menu -> all programs -> accessories -> command prompt) and enter command “ipconfig”. Write down the IPv4 address (should look like 192.168.0.10 or something similar)
6. Open PS3 ProxyServer and copy the IPv4 address you wrote down into the IP Address field and check of PS3 mode, leave the other options alone. Hit the big start button. Keep you IPv4 number handy, you’ll need it again. Leave this program running.
7. Open Wireshark. On the left side there is an option to start capture. Left click with your mouse to select the appropriate network adapter listed below the start command. If you are not sure about which adapter to use, select them all using ctrl + left mouse click. Hit the start button once you’ve highlighted the appropriate adapters. Leave this program running.
8. Boot up your PS3 and navigate to Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings. on the first page select Custom, on the second select whether you are connected wirelessly or wired. Skip all other options by hitting right on your controller until you get to the Proxy Server page, then select use for that option. input the IPv4 address you wrote down earlier into the top field. Make sure that the port number on this page matches the port number on PS3 ProxyServer (should both say 8080). Skip to the last page on the configuration and hit x. Test connection when prompted by hitting x again. As long as the top 3 fields say succeeded you can carry on to the next step. if not, review your settings in this step and steps 5 and 6 and retry.
9. Sign into the playstation network and login to the psn store.
10. Go back to your pc and check Wireshark. There should be a whole bunch of information displayed on the screen, don’t worry you don’t need to know what it means. Press [ctrl]+ e to stop capturing, then press [ctrl]+f to bring up your search dialogue. Under “find” check of “string” and under “Search In” check off “Packet bytes”. Enter 0000000100 as your search criteria and hit enter. If the necessary packet was found, in the bottom frame it should show the number highlighted on the right side (plaintext view) to ensure you have the right packet, right before the highlighted text it should say “devideID”:” and then the numbers you searched for. Take all the numbers and letters starting with your highlighted numbers and copy everything down until you find the next quotation mark in the plaintext. You should have a total of 32 digits written down. Should look something like 000000010084 followed by a bunch of letters and numbers. This is your console id.
11. Go to the folder you installed pfdtool in. Open global.conf in notepad. Eidt the line where it says console_id=by adding the console id you just captured after the =. Also change the other fields that are bolded below to match
Save file and exit (make sure you save as .conf not .txt)
12. Open the games.conf file in the same folder. Edit it as follows for NA retail disc version only. You’ll have a different game id (the BLUS30982) and secure_file_id. You’ll need to ask for someone on the forums to get those for you if you are using a different region, version or entirely differnt game. You can add additional games follwing the same layout by adding more lines. The disc_hash_key is commented out, so you will get a notifaction everytime you use pfdtool, but it still works fine.
Save and close the file once you are done adding games. Again make sure you save as .conf, not .txt.
13. Make sure you have a copy of your save game on your pc. I like to copy them right into the same folder as pfdtool to make for shorter commands.
14. You are now ready to actually use pfdtool. Navigate your command prompt to the folder you installed it (command to use is simply the path of the folder, ie “c:/pfdtool”. To decrypt we use the following command:
where the part in quotations will be changed to reflect your actual drive location and the name of the file will be changed to your actual file name. The file name and path are case sensitive, make sure you double check you have the right case.
15. You now have a decrypted save file. Use your hex editor of choice or in the case of Borderlands 2 you can use the latest version of Gibbed’s Borderlands 2 Save Editor. Once you are done editing, sae your game again and onto the last step.
16. All that’s left at this point is to encrypt the file again. See below, same notes as when decrypting about file path and name.
You can now transfer your save game back to your ps3.
A couple of quick notes: I have tried to make this as noob friendly as possible, but you still need some basic knowledge to follow this guide. Also, atm I really have no interest in modding any other save games so I do not have the info for other games to place in your games.conf file, though if anyone wants to post them I will be happy to add them to the guide. I did not write nor do I support any of the software mentioned in this guide.
If you have any suggestions for additions to this guide, post in comments below ^^, happy modding.
Otherwise, you can either use multiMAN's System Information, or PSID Patch to get your Console ID.
Download Gran Turismo 5 Career Booster (GT5CB) and extract the archive contents to a writable directory, preferably without spaces or any special characters in folder path (e.g. C:\GT5CB\ or C:\Users\Public\GT5CB\).
Copy entire BCES00569-GAME (\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCES00569-GAME) folder and its contents from storage media to ..\GT5CB\SAVEDATA\ folder. Also, put flat_z's pfdtool.exe in ..\GT5CB\Tools\pfdtool\ folder (pfdtool *.conf files will be automatically generated by GT5CB).
Run GT5CB, browse for BCES00569-GAME folder and pfdtool.exe file, fill-in all necessary keys and click on the large "Boost GT5 Career / Ruin GT5 Experience " button. Save data, as well as pfdtool configuration files will be automatically (re)created. If everything is OK, you will be prompted to either continue or cancel the save data modding. If information provided is correct, click "Yes". Once completed, copy/overwrite modified save data from your PC back to PS3 via storage media and run GT5.
Note that SFO file is not modified this way, as it is not required by GT5 loading system. Data in SFO file will be automatically updated (corrected) by GT5 itself once loaded. Happy modding!
I'm not getting this to work with gt5. It still tells me it's a different users file... what the? Haven't tried it on anything else yet. This is tue first game I've tried and cos I'm stuck on it, I'm still trying! Lol
Hi guys, i have some problems with this homebrew. When I tried to install it on Rogero 4.30 with standalone install package files app, it didn't even start the installation (error 80029564). Then I resigned it with the TrueAncestor EBOOT resigner, now it finishes the installation but it still doesn't work, it gives error 80010017 and returns to XMB. Is it possible to make it work? Here is the package.conf file I used to rebuild the .pkg:
I had problems with the CMD-based version too. With the GUI you just press the "..." button in the up-right corner, search your Savedata, which will be added below in a list. After that, right-click on the item and choose "Bruteforce...".
When it's done it will tells you the secure_file_id.
You could may post a save from a game which is not in the list, so I can test it.