- This weekend PlayStation 3 developer aldostools
has followed up on his previous
revisions with PARAM.SFO Editor v2.3 in PS3Tools, which allows for conversion PARAM.SFO (SFO) files to PARAM.SFX (SFX) files and vice-versa alongside the changes detailed below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
(Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: I just updated the PARAM.SFO Editor (included in the ps3tools.zip) It now can convert PARAM.SFX to SFO and viceversa.
[Register or Login to view code]
PS3 Tools Collection by Aldo's Tools
Copyright (c) 2012 by Aldo Vargas - [Register or Login to view links]
It's a tool that should help you gain some space on your external HDD, removing unnecessary files. It actually moves the files to a RIPPED folder in the root of the disk and replace the file with a 0 byte file.
VERY IMPORTANT: You should verify your game (play it!) before delete any file permanently!!
+The PS3RIP includes the patterns for ripping almost all languages, except English!! Initial release excluded English & Spanish. This release excludes English only, but allows to exclude other languages.
IMPORTANT: Review the patterns and comment or remove the lines for the languages that you want to keep. (for ripping files stored in your PS3 use my PS3 FTP Client tool)
PARAM.SFO editor 2.3
It's a tool to edit PARAM.SFO files and PARAM.SFX files created by Create PS3_EXTRA.
- The PARAM.SFO editor supports SFO and SFX files.
- Convert SFO to SFX and viceversa.
- Support for SAVE DATA param.sfo, PS3 GAME param.sfo, PSP param.sfo, and other categories.
- SFO and SFX are automatically associated to the editor.
- Supports drag and drop and command line parameters (use /? for details on parameters).
- Displays the ICON0.PNG/ICON2.PNG found in the SFO/SFX folder.
- Add new fields to param.sfo
- Account ID button (to make compatible certain saves that don't check the PARAM.PSD)
- New fields in the GUI that allow to edit some ATTRIBUTE values (like add support for Background Music, disable Move Controller warnings, PSP Vita Remote Play, etc.)
I want to thank to ps3devwiki.com for all the information provided and HELLCAT for his PS3SFOEdit.exe.
PS3 Game Integrity 1.1
This tool calculates the MD5, SHA-1 or CRC32 for a file or folder (and sub-directories) and generate a content.md5 file for future verification. If the content.md5 is present in the folder, the program reports if any file was deleted, added or changed. This tool is very useful to check if your game has corrupted files due due bad sectors, virus or cross-links (which are very common when an USB device is removed from the PS3 while it is turned on).
New in 1.1: CRC32 hash support, find in log, size is now optional, some bug fixes.
PS3 File Splitter 1.1
Splits files larger than 4GB to fit in USB drives formatted with FAT32. It also join splitted files. Splits files can be any specified size.
Note: GiB = 2^30, GB=10^9, MiB=2^20, MB=10^6, KiB=2^10, KB=10^3
New in 1.1: Support for more file extensions (eg. part# = part1 .. part9, part0 = part0 .. part9)
It's a tool to pack, unpack and verify multiMAN's theme files (THM).
New in 1.3.2:
PKG ContentID 1.1
- New verification file (theme.lst) based on 04.02.00
- Delete or open the files directly from the log
- Switching mode do not clear the path fields
It's a tool for view quickly the ContentID of a PKG. It can be used to verify its Title_ID, compare against RAP/edat files, etc.
PKG files are auto-associated to PKG_ContentID.exe
If you copy program PKG_ContentID.exe in the same folder of PkgView 1.2 (ps3zone.ifcaro.net/) it will pass the PKG to PkgView.exe when you double click or press ENTER on a PKG.
Pressing Ctrl+ENTER on a PKG file, will show the ContentID of the PKG and allow open it with PkgView.
Pressing Shift+ENTER on a PKG file, will extract the content of the PKG on the same folder of the PKG.
Create PS3_EXTRA 1.1
This tool scans for the PKG, MP4 and P3T files copied to each game folder, its PS3_UPDATE folder, PKGDIR or PS3_CONTENT, and store them under a PS3_EXTRA structure.
When a game is mounted with multiMAN, there will be 2 BD icons on the XMB: one disc for the game itself and another with PKGs, MP4 and P3T. It should make it easier to install the game patches, DLC, fixes, and related videos, due they will be listed in a neat menu like the one used by "PStore news" (big squares of 486x405 pixels).
How to use:
1) First put the pkg's at the root of your game folder (eg: BLES00000).
2) Run Create_PS3_EXTRA.exe
3) Click the browse button in the top right corner [...]
4) Select the "GAMES" folder that contains the games with the pkg's eg: x:\GAMEZ and then click the OK button
5) Now tick or untick the folders you want or don't want the app to process
6) Click the Start button
7) Close the program
8) Open the folder eg: BLES00000 folder
9) Now your folder should contain a folder called PS3_EXTRA
10) All the pkg's should have automatically been renamed and moved to the PS3_EXTRA folder
11) Launch the game using multiMAN
12) On the xmb menu you should now see 2 disc icon's. The top disc icon is the actual game, The bottom disc icon is the dlc/update pkg's.
13) Click on the bottom disc icon to see and install the dlc/updates
Changes in 1.1:
+Create_PS3_EXTRA now can find PKG files in PS3_CONTENT and PKGDIR folders, and move them to the PS3_EXTRA folder.
+The PS3_CONTENT and PKGDIR folders are renamed to avoid conflicts with the PS3_EXTRA structure.
!Fixed package "size" issue for PKG files >4GB
!Due a typo in the code it was not moving the P3T files to PS3_EXTRA. Fixed.
This tool, if copied to the GAMES or GAMEZ folder, will rename the games sub-folders from the default "BLUS0000-[Title]" format to "Title [BLUS0000]". This name format should make it easier to find the games using Explorer. Just copy the renam.exe to the x:\GAMES (or x:\GAMEZ) folder and run it. (Do not expect any GUI. It will rename the folders and exit)
All these tools are Win32 and require the VB5 runtime DLL. XP users should have this already installed (if not, download & install the DLL).
Download the VB5 Runtime Modules from: [Register or Login to view links]
That's all for now
Finally, in related news NEVIK
has released [Register or Login to view links]
with details below, as follows:
Good day all! A few weeks ago I got tired of having to either go to windows or to linux to accomplish a PS3 related task. So I decided to put together a simple gui to accomplish these goals and now I want to share it with any others.
This is just a GUI for fail0verflow's, Mathieulh's (ps3 pkg extractor), HACKERSCHANNEL-PS3Py’s, Wargio’s and gehots tools.
ALL CREDIT FOR ANY REAL WORK GOES TO THE AUTHORS OF THE TOOLS THAT ARE BEING USED!
Thanks to defyboy for the wiki and euss for maintaining it! You do not need macports or the Xcode! Things you need to have installed to make this work:
You will need to have X11 installed. If on 10.7 it is installed, if on 10.6 please double check you can always go to your Applications/Utilities/ and see if X11 is in there. If it is not get your install disc and install X11. Frameworks:
Mono Project: [Register or Login to view links]
As of now you can:
- unself: This will unself any self file just enter the name of file and is not a NPDRM file.
- unself2: This will unself2 any self file just enter the name of file and is for a NPDRM file. See README.txt for mallory instructions.
- readself: Will prompt you to type the name of the file you want to readself on.
- make_self: This is geohot’s make_self.
- make_self_npdrm: This is geohot’s make_self_npdrm tool.
- package_finalize: This is geohot’s tool to make any .pkg installable on WutangrzaCFW.
- norunpack: This is fof’s tool to unpack a NOR.BIN.
- pupunpack: This will unpack any PS3UPDAT.PUP
- pupexplode: This will unarchive all the files from the PS3UPDAT.PUP
- ungpkg: This is for unpkg npdrm pkg (works on some .pkg not on others)
- unpkg: This is for unpkg of regular pkg (works on some .pkg not on others)
- unpack_devflash: it’s a simple dev_flash extractor for 3.56+ PUPs
- extract CoreOs: it’s a simple CoreOs extractor for 3.56+ PUPs
- Mathieulh's PS3 PSP decrypter and extractor: This will extract and decrypt retail PS3 or PSP game.pkg it works for extracting some .pkg that other tools won't, but doesn't always remame everything correctly so double check and rename anything that needs... Sorry the port isn't perfect, please double check your files if something is wrong it works on some .pkg and not other
- make_pkg: This is HACKERSCHANNEL-PS3Py's python script that will make a npdrm .pkg that will install on your PS3. Please read the ReadMe and HowToUse included in the archive.
has now released PS3Tools for Mac OSX version 3 with SCETool for OSX with details below, as follows:
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
Good day and Merry Xmas to all who take part. This is PS3TOOLS_v3 for OsX
What is new:
- Scetool thanks Naehrwert and flatz!
- klicencebruteforce thanks Magic333X and aldostools for some advice.
- A special thanks to a friend on the irc you know how you are!
Please read the Scetool.ReadMe and the READMEMAGiC333X.txt for additional information.
How to use:
Just download the zip file and extract to your home directory and double click Start_Ps3tools. I have included the updated keys for F0F tools if you don't have these already place them in the .ps3 folder in your home directory. This is a work in progress so please leave any questions or anything suggestions here in the forum.
A extra note: In PS3TOOLS gui Scetool is limited to basic disc/npdrm signing for 3.55/4.21. If you want to resign lv1/lv2 or things of the such you will need to use the command line and have a understanding of what you are doing.
If you are in need of altering a PARAM.SFO for a disc game let MM do it for a update you will need to make a new one by copying/altering the information from one xml to a new xml which will then make a new PARAM.SFO using psl1ght. It is not perfect but it works.
Once again thanks to all the great people out there making this fun happen. Naehrwert, flatz, F0F, graf, kakaroto, Magic333X, aldostools, HACKERSCHANNEL-PS3Py... and all the rest too many to name. Peace to all and have a wonderful day!