143w ago - Update: The PS3Key v2 update is now available, which offers the recent PSGroove features including:
New features in v2:
1. Now supports peek/poke commands.
2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.
3. Works with Backup Manager 2.
Today French site Wiilogic.com (linked above) have shared some screens of the PS3Key Teaser PKG Installer loader, and Eurasia.nu have posted a PS3Key Tape Fix guide for those unfortunate enough to get a first-run production PS3Key PlayStation 3 modchip which contains a design flaw.
To quote, roughly translated: "Following our page on PS3Key, Team PS3Key contacted us and denies making a clone PSJailbreak.
She presents her own at the loader manager PS3Key which only works with the PS3 master key and provides the perfect situation at future upgrades of the chip PS3Key the reactions of Sony."
That said, it appears the PS3Key Teaser will only work with official PS3Key modchips and not other clones... at least for the time being.
Below is the PS3Key Tape Fix Guide by modrobert for those who need it. The crystal (clock) used on PS3Key has really sharp pins which can short out against the metal case covering the small board (PCB) by cutting through the masking tape. When the clock pins are shorted out the led on PS3Key will not light up at all and the jailbreak will fail.
• Remove the rubber back of the PS3Key as shown below, it should come off easy.
• Bend out the tiny clamps holding the board (PCB) using a small screwdriver or a pair of pliers with really thin tips as seen below. The board should slide out easily once these two are bent out. Be careful not bending the clamps "back and forth" too much as they could break off.
• The bottom side of the PCB can be seen here with the masking tape removed. The two clock (crystal) pins are visible. Use quality electrical tape to cover these solder joints, perhaps two layers of tape just to make sure the pins will not pierce through after wear and tear.
• Here you can see the board after I applied the electrical tape which should be enough to prevent the pins from shorting out against the metal case.
• After this just slide the board back in, carefully bend the clamps back around the PCB and push the rubber back on.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
If I was a PS3Key owner I'd want to be able to update my device the minute new PSGroove updates come out 24/7, but ya, I can see why those who are using different hardware don't have an interest in it also... the incentive falls upon PS3Key owners.
Their program may not be encrypted, but the updates are ... that's what this is all about. I don't understand why YOU don't understand it ... imagine you buy this product ... now Math and crew releases an update for PSGroove ... or somebody open a new fork with good features added to PSGroove, now there are 3 options:
1) PS3Key team releases an update with both forks combined into one image after 1 month of initial PSGroove release.
2) They Release an update, but forgot to add the other fork and its features.
3) They don't release any update at all.
So all 3 options are screwed ... so why not editing their Updater or breaking the update file encryption to update the PS3Key directly after new PSGroove updates are available and not have to rely on any company to get their crap ready.