To quote, roughly translated: Following the latest developments, PS3ITA is pleased to present a new version of CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX (debug). This update, accompanied by PKG external Ps3ita Loader introduces a modified core with the ability to customize your choice to integrate some flag or not.
In practice, after installing the CFW, each user can choose with ease, such as extra feature, the console should start automatically during the ignition phase.
The changes introduced in 4.21 CFW PS3ITA DEX v2.2 are:
1. Spoof firmware 4.40.
2. IDPS All Change region 4.21 is now integrated in the fw and runs automatically during boot the console, there is no need to start it manually after every boot. To log on to the PSN simply log in as you were on an ordinary OFW.
3. Sys_init_osd.self New, allows the start of our core (ps3itald.self) during boot the console. IMPORTANT: all credits for this go to sys_init_osd Miralatijera we just added a little bit (to make it boot faster) and brought patches to the nost cfw, ps3itald.self instead is a creation of our team. The core ps3itald.self is easily customizable thanks to PKG ps3ita loader.
4. Fixed bug that did not allow the boot cd / dvd original PS2 PS3 backwards compatible.
5. Vsh Patch magazines, ReactPsn now works perfectly.
6. 0x80022D74 0x80022D11 Fix for errors relating to the trophies, in some cases after a downgrade by service mode was returned one of these errors and was forced to leave the game.
How to proceed with the installation of the CFW:
1. Sure you have a console with CFW / OFW DEX (Debug) version 3.55/4.21.
2. Strictly Install the Firmware Downgrader 3.55 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvnpk90edt63fa/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
3. PS3ITA Install CFW 4.21 DEX v2.2.
Through the program ps3ita loader you can manage the core ps3itald.self and add / remove functions that will be performed automatically boot the console .. (I think many of you will appreciate the "install_new_idps" allows you to permanently change your console id with one of your choice ...).
How does Ps3ita Loader:
1. Ps3ita Copy the folder in the root of the USB stick.
2. Move the flag you want to install from the / ps3ita / NOT_ACTIVE in / ps3ita. (Flags are simple text files, and inside they explained their function).
3. Insert the USB stick into the port on the right of the PS3.
4. Install the pkg "ps3ita_loader" and run it. If something goes wrong, the LED turns red, otherwise fine. A log file in / dev_usb000/ps3ita cmq will be created to verify if all the steps have taken place correctly.
5. New features are now active.
I thank the entire team and especially PS3ITA Rancid (o) which followed / carried out the entire project.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
As previously reported, those with converted PS3 consoles should hold off installing this update as it will brick your system.
From the included Readme_DECH-441_001_e.txt file:
Contents of This Package
Changes in Release 441.001
- The update data for debugging station has been updated at the same timing as the release of the system software 4.41.
This update does not affect titles. Also, there is no change in the system software GUI.
- Validation of a media or the file system itself cannot be performed from the Check menu in the Game column.
When submitting a master disc, make sure to verify the disc that no error is present using the Disc Image Generator for PlayStation 3 or the Disc Image Checker for PlayStation 3.
- When performing the check from the Check menu in the Game column, if the number of result files exceeds approximately 80 to 100 depending on each check item, the file entries of the root directory in the USB mass storage run out and the subsequent check result files may no longer be stored. In such case, move the check result files to another directory.
From haxxxen on how to manually add an RSOD bypass to any PS3 CFW:
If you decrypt the 4.x basic_plugins.sprx, just search for: 409E002048000010 and replace with: 4800002048000010
This is based on rogero's 4.x bypass patch and i have only searched for it to patch it myself to lower 4.x cfws. I dunno if it is related to rsod, but he also added some trophy patch. I am using both of them
To patch np_trophy_util.sprx based on rogero, just search for: 419E00887B5E0020 and replace with: 480000887B5E0020
Finally, from Sony PS3 hacker cyberskunk: It is legit.. MD5 matches the one we got about a month ago.. REX has been 'almost' ready for that long to but I have been very busy with other non-PS3 things. Wont be long though..
Spoofers/Update Packages for 421-441 CEX/DEX/REX were finished earlier today but have not had a chance to get around to releasing them yet
It's coming.. I have been really busy but as I type this the build that I hope to be the final for this release is installing now..