27w ago - Today Italian PlayStation 3 developers PS3ITA have made available what they call PS3ITA CFW 4.21 DEX which includes Change IDPS All Region 4.21 followed by version 2 containing a bug fix with details below.
To quote, roughly translated: After noting the creation of "PSoN_DEX V2" and "Change_IDPS-All_Region", you PS3ITA announces the release of CFW 4.21-DEX and Change_IDPS-All_region-4_21.
Finally a good news for all users who have bought a console converted into DEX (debug / test) who want to start their own game backups regularly purchased without having to resort to various patches / fix for cfw 3.55.
The CFW has already been tested on different consoles, and we can confirm that everything works fine without any problems, including their access to the PSN and PS-STORE.
Following are the details:
Attention! PS3ITA assumes no liability resulting from 'use of these procedures and for any damage that the console could suffer.
Use the procedure at your own risk!
Warning! PS3ITA not instigates and does not support piracy in any way, the procedure is posted only to illustrate the operation of the cfw in a console for DEX then start the games legally purchased!
FEATURES & PATCHES
First 4.xx installed on PS3 CFW DEX
Ability to start all backups that require fw 4.31 or less
Access to the PSN through the use of IDPS All Change Region
Access to the new PS Store
Access to the Playstation Home
Access to all the other online services "offered" by Sony (VidZone Music Unlimited, Mubi, etc.)
Ability to download and install the update the games without going through Multiman (fw 4.21 The DEX had a check that did not allow the downloading of retail pkg)
Ability to downgrade to fw 3:55 by using the "usual" 3.55downgradepup.
Increased compatibility with backup started without a disc inserted (eg, career mode fifa 13 freezes no more ..)
Access to all debug options (of course)
Compatible with all homebrew signed for cfw 4.xx
Support for ReactPSN
The entire lv0 was taken from CFW 4.21 Rebug REX (and this will never stop to thank Team Rebug) It made no sense to make changes to what others have already done to perfection.
Patching LV1 hypervisor to add peek / poke support
Patching hypervisor to allow setting data access breakpoints in hypervisor been with lv1_set_dabr
Patching Indi Info Manager to allow access to all its services
Patching hypervisor to allow setting all bits of SPE register MFC_SR1 with lv1_set_spe_privilege_state_area_1_register
Patching hypervisor to allow creating / modifying / deleting of repository nodes in any LPAR
Patching LV1 to enable GuestOS mode 1 for GameOS
Patching System Manager to disable integrity check
Patching hypervisor to allow mapping of HTAB with write protection
Patching Storage Manager to allow deleting of all keys ENCDEC
Patching hypervisor to enable skipping of ACL checks for all storage devices
Patching Update Manager to enable extracting for all package types
Patching Update Manager to enable setting product mode by using Update Manager Write EPROM
Patch hash check CoreOS
Lv2 Peek & poke support (syscall 6 & 7)
Lv1 Peek & poke support (syscall 8 & 9)
Patching LV1 LV2 to allow support Call (syscall 10)
Patching nas_plugin to allow installation of pseudo-retail and retail packages
Fixed error 0 × 8029567 to allow the download and installation of retail pkg
Patched category_psn.xml for show & PSN Playstation Home icons
Spoof 4.31 patch
BUG (common to all fw 4.2x/4.3x):
On some ps3 hd if you connect the external USB port on the front (dev_usb006) and start a backup, you may get a black screen, or return to see the ps3 xmb, to remedy the problem simply change usb port ..
Console (NOR \ NAND) with cfw / ofw fw Downgrader 3:55 DEX or DEX
IMPORTANT: If you are on ofw debug than 4.21 (type 4.25) must strictly pass before the fw Downgrader DEX
A USB stick formatted in FAT32.
CFW 4.21 PS3ITA-DEX to be installed on the console:
Download CFW 4.21 PS3ITA-DEX (linked above)
Once you have unpacked the zip (password: gintonic) make sure that the md5 fits into this: abd0aaca504a271c65a10f8122ba96c2. To check the md5 you can use this MD5Checker: getmd5checker.com/download/latest/Md5Checker.zip
PKG-Change_IDPS All_region-4_21 be installed on the console after cfw:
INSTALL CFW 4.21 PS3ITA-DEX and Change_IDPS-All_region-4_21
IMPORTANT: If you are on ofw debug than 4.21 (type 4.25) must strictly pass before the fw Downgrader DEX
After downloading the CFW 4.21 PS3ITA-DEX rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP, copy it to PS3> UPDATE in your usb stick formatted in FAT32
Start the console from the XMB and follow the standard procedure to install your CFW 4.21 PS3ITA-DEX from usb stick formatted in FAT32 (just like you would a normal fw):
XMB-> Settings-> System Update-> .. with USB support
Copy the PKG-Change_IDPS All_region-4_21 in the root of your usb stick formatted in FAT32
Install from XMB-> Game-> Install Package Files
Start-Change_IDPS All_region-4_21 and wait for the refresh of the console
Change_IDPS must be started after every reboot of the console before groped access to PSN and PS-STORE (if you do not get an error: 8002A224)
Check in the debug menu settings (it's under Network Settings), the NP Environment setting is set as np (not sp-int)
L 'IDPS is set in automatic mode (depending on your region (EU, USA, etc.).
When the Change_IDPS is functioning properly, the LED will switch on the console from the usual green color to YELLOW
A big thanks to the Team Rebug, the Three Musketeers, PS3 Dev Wiki, Graf_Chokolo, EUSS, naehrwert and especially Rancid (o) who created / the entire project.
Update: From Rancid-o: How to use the pkg: http://www.ps3ita.it/download/homebrew/Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg
1) Run a game from Multiman
2. Returning to the XMB, if you have not already done so, start the game and download the update, at this point if the update is greater than 4.21 will give the usual error 0x80010009 and return to xmb..
3. Run Fix_Update_4.21+
4. Start the game again
Note: The fix for that game is permanent. If you have already downloaded the update just run the game from multiMAN, back to the XMB, run the pkg and run the game. Sorry for the bad English, oh forgot works on all cfw 4.xx
Guys.. use version 2 of the "Change IDPS All Region": http://www.ps3ita.it/download/homebrew/Change_IDPS_All_Region_v2-4.21.pkg
The first version had a stupid "bug" that does not allow you to use the online pass purchased. Sorry for that..
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
To quote, roughly translated: Following the latest developments, PS3ITA is pleased to present a new version of CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX (debug). This update, accompanied by PKG external Ps3ita Loader introduces a modified core with the ability to customize your choice to integrate some flag or not.
In practice, after installing the CFW, each user can choose with ease, such as extra feature, the console should start automatically during the ignition phase.
The changes introduced in 4.21 CFW PS3ITA DEX v2.2 are:
1. Spoof firmware 4.40.
2. IDPS All Change region 4.21 is now integrated in the fw and runs automatically during boot the console, there is no need to start it manually after every boot. To log on to the PSN simply log in as you were on an ordinary OFW.
3. Sys_init_osd.self New, allows the start of our core (ps3itald.self) during boot the console. IMPORTANT: all credits for this go to sys_init_osd Miralatijera we just added a little bit (to make it boot faster) and brought patches to the nost cfw, ps3itald.self instead is a creation of our team. The core ps3itald.self is easily customizable thanks to PKG ps3ita loader.
4. Fixed bug that did not allow the boot cd / dvd original PS2 PS3 backwards compatible.
5. Vsh Patch magazines, ReactPsn now works perfectly.
6. 0x80022D74 0x80022D11 Fix for errors relating to the trophies, in some cases after a downgrade by service mode was returned one of these errors and was forced to leave the game.
How to proceed with the installation of the CFW:
1. Sure you have a console with CFW / OFW DEX (Debug) version 3.55/4.21.
2. Strictly Install the Firmware Downgrader 3.55 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvnpk90edt63fa/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
3. PS3ITA Install CFW 4.21 DEX v2.2.
Through the program ps3ita loader you can manage the core ps3itald.self and add / remove functions that will be performed automatically boot the console .. (I think many of you will appreciate the "install_new_idps" allows you to permanently change your console id with one of your choice ...).
How does Ps3ita Loader:
1. Ps3ita Copy the folder in the root of the USB stick.
2. Move the flag you want to install from the / ps3ita / NOT_ACTIVE in / ps3ita. (Flags are simple text files, and inside they explained their function).
3. Insert the USB stick into the port on the right of the PS3.
4. Install the pkg "ps3ita_loader" and run it. If something goes wrong, the LED turns red, otherwise fine. A log file in / dev_usb000/ps3ita cmq will be created to verify if all the steps have taken place correctly.
5. New features are now active.
I thank the entire team and especially PS3ITA Rancid (o) which followed / carried out the entire project.
I am new to this forum, So first my regards to all of you. Now to my point, I have a slim 120gb on rogero 4.30. I download games, two of my games are not working properly
1. Kingdom of Amalur- It loads the game and does show the videos up till the part where it starts to go to the main menu. before loading the main menu it goes black and a white circle in the middle of the screen spins showing that its loading. However, it never loads and stays in that state. This is my second download the other one did the same thing although they are different torrents (not the same game torrent).
2. RE6- Now this is a bit different, it starts the game but only loads the second part of the game where Leon and the girl are fallen on the ground and the helli is firing at them. I tried and found a different torrent for this one as well but the second one did the same.
Now please if anyone knows how to fix this, then please share your knowledge with me.
If this is not the right place to post this problem in, this accept my apology for my mistake.
hello since I've installed this iris manager for cfw 4.21 Ita DEX and most of my games to run the screen freezes and I have to restart the ps3, does anyone but this happens? What I can do? I'm interested in the manager at big split 4gb files