To quote from his site (linked above), roughly translated:
Here I bring the new version.
• Code optimization.
• Fixed USB port allocation.
• Fixed black screen.
• Only have a USB MASS STORAGE USB connected to load FIRM LOADER.
• UPDATE NO FIRM while in USB mode LOADER.
Thanks for reporting bugs!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
well i went out and got a SanDisk Cruzer 1gb USB Key (formated in FAT), i downloaded WinSCP FTP and copied fresh dev_flash, dev_flash2, and dev_flash3 to the cruzer. still freezes on black screen. tried with and without JB (running latest Hermes PSGroove hex) plugged in on Firm Loader run, same result. So i have no more ideas.. maybe my At90usb1286/USB Firm Loader/PS3 doesnt like me?
Just thought i'd post to say that this worked great 1st time for me... My installation route (not a real guide like i used to do, but thought it might help some people)...
My Minimus AVR Usb (AT90USB162 chipset) arrived this morning.
1. I installed FLIP 3.4.2 + downloaded the x64 drivers
2. I flashed "psgroove_1.1_Teensy_1.0.hex" from the "PSGroove_1.1_All_Patched.zip" (Link see Evilsperms all pack) - includes peek&poke! (which is REQUIRED for Jaicrabs loader to work!)
3. I checked JB worked - it did, so installed CJPC's FTP server & Jaicrab's 0.3 firmware loader
4. I started up FTP server on the PS3 and hit START (seems some people miss this bit!)
5. I started up Filezilla and setup a new connection to my ps3's ip address, set the transfer mode to Active and only 1 connection (as per instructions)
6. Connected to PS3, downloaded all of (dev_flash, dev_flash2 & dev_flash3)
7. Plugged my VERY cheap usb drive into PC and put the CONTENTS of dev_flash on the root of the drive (as per instructions)
8. Plugged USB back into PS3, ran Jaicrab's loader and hey presto USB drive light flashing boot back to XMB (FYI no USB listed anymore)
9. Move around XMB and notice that occasionally the USB will flash when it has to re-cache icons.
Seems to work really well - will be customising the usb firmware a bit later, just thought i'd post this along with a big THANK-YOU to CJPC and Jaicrab
I should point out that this is the first JB device i've had, first time i've tried flashing it, first time i've used it etc. Amazing what reading a few forum posts and the instructions can do for you eh!
Been feeling left out, glad Minimus was in stock when nothing else was!