53w ago - Following up on his initial release, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Flat_z has updated his PS3 Save Game Tools hacking pack alongside a fix for PFDTool v0.2.0 followed by v0.2.1 and v0.2.2 with details below.
From the included ReadMe file: Guys, here is an updated version of pfdtool.
Please test it carefully because I have no time at the moment to test it by myself.
Support of PARAM.PFD for trophies (without keys, of course)
Support of PARAM.PFD v4 which used in a newer SDK
Fixed a bug with verify operation on signature hashes
Now you can use a list of product codes delimeted by '/' (slash), for example: [BLUS31142/BLES01403], they should use the same disc hash key and secure file IDs
Show an information about .PFD type and version
The format for 'global.conf' is different. Please add these changes to your files:
1. Add a new parameter called 'user_id' which set the user identifier (the same number as used in your home folder: /dev_hdd0/home/[user_id]/)
2. Add a new parameter called 'keygen_key'. Open 'Talk:Keys' page on the PS3DevWiki and search for string 'KeygenV4'
3. Rename the parameter 'param_sfo_key' to 'savegame_param_sfo_key' (see below)
4. There a bunch of new keys for trophies: 'trophy_param_sfo_key', 'tropsys_dat_key', 'tropusr_dat_key', 'troptrns_dat_key', 'tropconf_sfm_key' and they are not public so left them as XX.
Also I noticed that some of you use a kernel swapping feature in the REX firmware. Don't forget to use your current (!) console ID. For example, if you made a save game on a DEX then you need to specify a DEX console ID.
Disc hash keys are sent to the PS3 by the Blu Ray Drive itself (well, not the actual disc hash key but some data from the disc which will be encrypted after that and used as a disc hash key).
PFDTool 0.2.1 Changelog:
Fixed issues with the file size.
PFDTool 0.2.2 Changelog:
Now encrypt and decrypt operations update hashes automatically (be sure to use all keys!).
Fixed another issue with the file size of modified files.
Removed a verbose flag because it is not used at the moment.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
i hate this sort of thing to be honest.. i mean why play games if you have no skill and need to cheat.. just play it on noob setting. i wonder if you would still get trophies... could make psn rank totally useless.
Today the PS3Break Team have made available a video of their new PS3 cheat device called http://www.ps3usercheat.com/en/Index.asp code manager.
Complete features on the PlayStation 3 cheat device are outlined below, and those interested can check out the http://www.ps3usercheat.com/en/UploadFiles/manual.pdf (PDF), list of http://ps3usercheat.com/en/Record.asp and the latest http://www.ps3usercheat.com/en/UploadFiles/cheatlistV1.03.rar.
Finally, they have added a dedicated http://www.ps3usercheat.com/Forums/ to their site for PS3 AR cheat and PS3UserChear discussions.
PS3USERCHEAT is an another revolutionary product from PS3BREAK TEAM, used WORLD NEW TECHNOLOGY. Meanwhile it is also the world's first dongle that supports PS3 game roms and PS3 AR cheat perfectly.
That is to say, when you use it, you don't need to buy the expensive genuine blu-ray game CD, just need to have some free game roms. You will be invincible in the game because of special effects while simultaneously have never experienced such extraordinary feeling.
1. support game rom without the genuine blu-ray game CD.
2. support AR cheat function, perfect effects include "infinite energy, the strongest equipment, never game over"
3. 100% upgradeable, Compatible with all PS3 models - Fat and Slim.
4. Onboard SLC NANDFLASH Memory of 128MB.
5. High speed 32 bit CPU processor clocked at 500MHz
6. fully updatable via USB on your Windows PC using a very simple and intuitive process.
7. A microSDHC slot is inbuilt which supports up to 32GB for future expansion.
8. regularly updated to provide our users with the latest features at no extra cost.
9. Simple step-by-step guide available on the site will show you how to use and install CHT dongle and our support team will assist you with any problems you may encounter along the way.
10. Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive or the internal Hard Drive your PS3.
11. Playing games from HDD gives you loads of benefits, including faster loading times and reduced strain on the lens of the Bluray drive of your PS3.
How to update: Download the latest code library file (don't change the file name), insert CHT dongle into the computer, can show that a removable disk drive and a CHT folder.
Click into the "CHT" folder to "USRDIR" folder, a txt file named "cheatlist" will be found. Overwrite it with the latest code library file, update is complete.