- Shortly after the PS3 QA Flag Method
was revealed comes the QA Flagging Tools in PKG format alongisde a CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP which is confirmed
working via QA Auto Flag with Flash, Run, and Reflash to PS3 CFW (Kmeaw, Waninkoko, etc) support coming soon.
Download: PS3 QA Flagging Tools
/ PS3 QA Flag Reset
/ PS3 QA Flag Extra (Advanced)
/ PS3 Get Applicable Version
/ PS3 Get Token Seed
/ PS3 CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP
For those curious, the PS3 QA Flag Extra (Advanced) has a few other flags / tokens set but it's not for general use.
What we have tested on so far:
Set QA Flag to Standard:
- Run qa_flag.pkg if you hear a beep, it worked. If not dump your debug messages via udp_printf on linux and send to us to fix.
- Reboot the ps3
- Go to network settings (Do not enter it) and hit or hold
- L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+down on the dpad
- QA auto flagging is now done.
Reset QA Flag to Default:
- Run reset_qa_flag.pkg
- If you hear a beep it worked. If not dump your debug messages via udp_printf_client in linux and send it to us.
- Reboot the ps3
- QA Flag is now set to default (Off) Your PS3 is now normal again.
- Firmware you want to downgrade to (3.41, 3.15).
Notes: These tools WILL format your PS3. Any and ALL PSN / downloaded data will be erased! The lowest firmware you can go to is what was originally on your PS3 originally!
If your ps3 came with 3.41 then that's the lowest it can go. If it came with 3.15 again thats as low as it can officially go! be warned if you go lower, you WILL brick!
1. Install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.pup (Doesn't matter what version you are 3.41, 3.50 etc etc)
2. Install qa_flag_extra.pkg
3. Run qa_flag (It will show up as this, that is fine)
4. If you hear the beeps, continue. If you don't hear the beeps go to step 10
6. Go into recovery menu and Update your ps3 with the firmware that you want (3.15, 3.41 etc)
7. Have it install and now you're done. You just successfully downgraded your PS3.
They have also stated via Twitter
that they are working on a 3.56+ PS3 Firmware exploit, to quote:
Currently our main developers are working on 3.55 and below, I am working on a exploit for 3.56+ however. Anything key related and 3.56+ is currently not going to be answered. News will be released as we figure it out, If it works we will say so. It's still going to be rough to do anything though. We might save it for the new 3000 series of the ps3 though.
Finally, in related news varaques
has made available what he calls Varaques 3.55 PS3 CFW
based on PS3MFW Builder
which features the following:
- Other+OS Support
- Q&A Flag Support
- Custom Boot Logo
- Custom Theme
- 3.66 Spoofed
- LV1 & LV2 Patched
- Run Unsigned PKG's & More
Shortly following, he made available Kmeaw CFW with Other+OS and QA Flag Support
via MFW Builder. Simply put it in the root of your PS3 storage device as follows : PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP