What? PS3PROXi is my take on how the PS3.ProxyServer.GUI should have been.
It does all the same stuff, redirects to local files, logs traffic/addresses etc.
Why? As soon as I started to use the original PS3.ProxyServer.GUI, I wanted to create my own. And try to improve upon the original.
Did you say Improved? Yea, I think I have improved it. Added new features like:
• Tray Icon
• Updated GUI
With many more features planned.
NOTE: I currently did this when I should have been revising for exams. I have them for the next week, so I wont be working on [hopefully] adding my planned features.
Planned Features do NOT include a way to bypass the store redirect, this is imposible [To my knowlege], NO iSO Loader etc.
Still Kinda WiP, so excuse any bugs :P
PS3PROXi v1.0 Instructions:
1. Extract all contents into a folder, making sure the config file is there.
2. Run 'PS3PROXi.exe'
3. Go to the settings tab and port of YOUR PC
4. Make sure you PS3 is set to use your PC's IP as the proxy.
V1.0 15/11/09 -Initial Release
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
You need Internet connection to actually download the PKG you want to install, so no internet (or means of downloading the file to USB or something) no joy.
Assuming you mean the following "I don't have an internet connection at home, where my PS3 is, but can download files from Library/HotSpot/etc to a USB drive and take that home" then there may be hope yet...
You'll need to have a home network already setup and you'll need to know the IP address of your PC (the one on which you'll need to run the proxi app, and where you will plug your USB drive into).
Quick guide, althought it' been covered in more detail elsewhere and i'm not about to go through all the steps with you (search the forums if necessary although i think PS3NEWS was kind enough to even provide a link earlier in this thread!):-
1. Run PS3Proxi, Enter the PC's IP, turn on logging then START it.
2. On PS3 make sure you change your Network Settings and select the "Custom" option (NOT the easy/Auto option). Make sure to ENABLE PROCY and set the PROXY IP is set to your PC's IP address (the one entered in step 1) and the PORT number to 8080
3. Run the "Folding@Home" link (to kick off the initial download) then stop it when it gets to 2% or so.
4. Go back to PC and check the web url that should show up in the log page of PS3Proxi - copy this URL and paste it into the LEFT column on the redirect tab. Enter the FULL path and filename of the PKG file (e.g. C:\Ademo.pkg) in the RIGHT column.
5. Go back to PS3 and kick off the "Folding@Home" download again let it finish - that should now be downloading the file (check if the redirect worked on th PC)
* Not sure if this is exactly 100% correct...
P.s. Don't know if this works on newer PS3's - they might not have the option to download "Folding@Home" or it's update "Life with Playstation" - you can try DELETING this (using the option from the triangle menu) but i dont know for sure.
The redirect can be applied to the "Folding@home" / "Life with Playstation" downloads (i.e. Delete folding at home, then redirect it to the .pkg fles you want) - so you on't actually need to log into PSN.
Firmware bypass worked for me (3.00 release 60gb PAL ) maybe you're not doing something right?
OR maybe i've just miraculously managed to get onto the network on my v3.00 console by some strange alignment of the planets or something!?
This tool enables you to download the demos (.pkg files) from the pc i guess... but to start the download process, firstly, you need to open the PSN and on trying to open the psn PS3 checks your FW and if it's of lower version you cannot access PSN until you update your ps3.
So this tool could be of use only if you are on the latest firmware. The bypass feature does not work even with FW 2.70... there are very few ppl with a retail console with a fw lower than 2.70... So this is practically of no use to the ppl with earlier FW...
Correct me if i'm wrong.... Or if anyone knows a workaround this pls let me know...