- After being inactive for a while since my previous
release because I had a problem, finally I finished to create and fix my personal tools for PS3 PKG / SPKG for CFW 3.55 / 4.XX complete with source code.
Download: PS3 PKG / SPKG Tools for CFW 3.55 / 4.XX with Source Code
ONLY FOR CFW
This tools are based on failoverflow's tools, but with support for spkg files on CFW 4.XX, for for example, install a PUP directly from XMB or avoid to do a downgrade to 3.55 to install it.
A spkg file contains header/metadata for that pkg who has his name, PS3 on +3.56 checks his header/metadata for matching, if not fails and can't install. On FW 3.55 and below is not necessary that spkg files.
- Patched spu_pkg_rvk_verifier (disable ecdsa check)
- Have spkg files on your ".ps3" folder
- spkg.exe - This tool creates a spkg file from a pkg file
- unspkg.exe - This tool decrypts spkg files (*.spkg_hdr.1)
- new_pkg.exe - The tool creates a pkg file and simultaneously a spkg file, the last one is compatible with the first one
- new_unpkg.exe - This tool decrypts a pkg file and exports his decrypted header/metadata
usage: spkg [filename.pkg]
usage: unspkg filename.spkg output
usage: new_pkg [key suffix] [contents] [filename.pkg]
usage: new_unpkg [-s] filename.pkg target
Thanks to Team failoverflow for the initial tools
Thanks to Abkarino
Thanks to Rogero, samkorg and santi1403 for test the tools