- After being inactive for a while since my previous
release because I had a problem, finally I finished to create and fix my personal tools for PS3 PKG / SPKG for CFW 3.55 / 4.XX complete with source code.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
ONLY FOR CFW
This tools are based on failoverflow's tools, but with support for spkg files on CFW 4.XX, for for example, install a PUP directly from XMB or avoid to do a downgrade to 3.55 to install it.
A spkg file contains header/metadata for that pkg who has his name, PS3 on +3.56 checks his header/metadata for matching, if not fails and can't install. On FW 3.55 and below is not necessary that spkg files.
- Patched spu_pkg_rvk_verifier (disable ecdsa check)
- Have spkg files on your ".ps3" folder
spkg.exe[Register or Login to view code]unspkg.exe[Register or Login to view code]new_pkg.exe[Register or Login to view code]new_unpkg.exe[Register or Login to view code]
- spkg.exe - This tool creates a spkg file from a pkg file
- unspkg.exe - This tool decrypts spkg files (*.spkg_hdr.1)
- new_pkg.exe - The tool creates a pkg file and simultaneously a spkg file, the last one is compatible with the first one
- new_unpkg.exe - This tool decrypts a pkg file and exports his decrypted header/metadata
Thanks to Team failoverflow for the initial tools
Thanks to Abkarino
Thanks to Rogero, samkorg and santi1403 for test the tools