- Following up on his previous
releases, today PlayStation 3 developer Rudi Rastelli
has made available PS3 ISO Tools v1.91B followed by v1.94B, v1.941 and v1.95B for PS3 ISO converting with details below.
To quote: Update PS3-ISO-TOOLS v1.91b
- Latest "makeps3iso", "extractps3iso" and "patchps3iso" included
- Option to allow some special Characters, like 'TM' or '(R)', in ISO-names (WARNING: Doesn't work with 'webMAN' but works with 'multiMAN' or 'IrisManager' as far as i can tell)
- Shows log file after conversion/extraction for a quick check if everything goes well
- Check for insufficient free disk space on target drive
- Quick Update v1.91b: Added Check for insufficient free disk space on target drive
- Various bug fixes
- Include latest makeps3iso, extractps3iso, patchps3iso
"PS3 ISO TOOLS" is an all-in-one tool for a complete PS3-ISO handling and contains:
- ISO-Generator to convert PS3-Folder-Format-Games 2 PS3-ISO-Format-Games (splitted big-files will be joined)
- ISO-Extractor to convert PS3-ISO-Format-Games 2 PS3-Folder-Format-Games (big-files will be optionaly splitted)
- ISO-Splitter to split single PS3-ISOs for use on a FAT32 device ("*.iso.0", "*.iso.1", ...etc)
- ISO-Joiner to join splitted PS3-ISOs into single PS3-ISOs
- ISO-Modifier to rename single or splitted PS3-ISOs according to game-info found in "PARAM.SFO"-file to hide/un-hide parts of splitted ISOs ("*.iso.1", "*.iso.2", ...etc) to extract and save "PARAM.SFO" and "ICON0.PNG" as "[ISO-name].SFO" respectively "[ISO-name].PNG" within ISO-folder
- ISO-Patcher to patch single or splitted PS3-ISOs to a lower firmware version (down to 4.21)
- Pretty self-explanatory... read the tool-tips
- You can batch-convert all of your PS3-Folder-Format-Games, when you select your game-archive as source-folder(eg "X:\GAMES" or "X:\GAMESZ")
- All other tools, with the exception of ISO-Patcher, support batch-operation as well. Just multi-select the ISOs you like to process.
- ISO-names will NOT contain special ASCII-characters 0-31, 126-255 and also NOT /\:*?"<>| ... This is to avoid problems with webMAN (You can allow usage of special ASCII-characters 126-255, like 'TM' or '(R)' in "ISO-conversion-Options")
- After conversion/extraction a log-file will be shown, which compares size and number of files
- While converting to ISO-format "PARAM.SFO" and "ICON0.PNG"(Game-Icon) will be placed (hidden) as "[ISO-name].SFO" and "[ISO-name].PNG" at target-folder. If you use webMAN copy these 2 files(per game) to "/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/". This will save you the effort to mount each game at least once to make webMAN display it's game-icon.
- Aborted batch-conversions could be continued. Already finished conversions will be skipped.
Estwald for "makeps3iso", "extractps3iso" and "patchps3iso"
- Sry... V1.94 has some debug-code inside... Here is clean version.
- Considers now that 'PS3UPDAT.PUP' will be excluded from the ISO (4 more details see Readme)
- Now patches Game-ISOs that need firmware>4.50
Note: There seems to be a problem that on some systems ISO will not be renamed after conversion. I assume an incompatibility with some anti-virus-software. But i was not able to reproduce this behaviour on my PC.
Therefore i've added some lines of debug-code in the current version. If you get error-messages immediately after conversion pls tell me here or via pm. And pls, if possible, try again with your anti-virus-software disabled.