- Today PlayStation 3 developer Ole
has released CDG Player r1 with source code for the PS3, which is a simple program compiled by the PSL1GHT SDK and libraries that plays MP3 files and displays graphics stored in CDG files (the format is used in many karaoke disks).
Download: CDG Player r1 for PS3
/ CDG Player r1 for PS3 (SRC)
- simple file selector
- mp3 and cdg playback
- PS3 ready to run homebrew programs
- CROSS - select a file or directory
- CIRCLE - go to parent directory
- SQUARE - exit the program
Q: does it play CD disks ?
A: no, use a ripping program to convert your CD to audio tracks in mp3 format
Q: does it play OGG, WAV, etc. (your favourite audio format) ?
A: no, just mp3 format is supported (16 bit, stereo, 44100 or 48000 Hz) along with the cdg format
Q: does it support zipped files ?
Q: does it support microphone plugged in the PS3 ?
A: no, to amplify your voice you need an extra hardware (mixer)
Q: the program sucks, can you add more features ?
A: the source code is freely available, do it yourself
Credits and thanks:
- minimp3 (http://keyj.emphy.de/minimp3/)
- PyKaraoke (http://kibosh.org/pykaraoke/)
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene