- Today Vic
let us know he released a PS3 Game (Rip-to-iSO) Mass Converter application for those interested followed by Psykosis JB to ISO Mass Conversion v0.03a, v0.8i and v0.32a from Klahjn
with details below.
Download: PS3 GAME RIP-TO-ISO MASS CONVERTER.zip
/ PS3 GAME RIP-TO-ISO MASS CONVERTER.zip
(Mirror) / new mass convert.zip
/ psyConvert 32a LITE.zip
/ psyConvert 032a FULL.zip
To quote via e-mail: Hi I created a little tool to help out converting all those fun game rips to iso form. This is my contribution back to the PS3 scene. Hope this helps everybody.
PS3 GAME (RIP-TO-ISO) MASS CONVERTER will convert all game rips in any game folder you drag and drop onto the CONVERT_TO_ISO.BAT file. It can also continue converting where you left off if suddenly you stop the program or your PC shuts off or whatever the scenario that may happen.
All options you select don't take place until you have a chance to review and finalize everything. What could of taken you a few days or longer to do manually can now possibly be done over night or a few hours.
From the included ReadMe file: PROGRAM AND ITS SOURCE CODE ARE FREE TO MODIFY AND USE UNDER THE GPL LICENSE. - Vic
IMPORTANT NOTE: (A LOT OF EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THE DESIGN AND TESTING OF THIS APP TO INSURE RESULTS BUT THE SAME APPLIES AS ALL OTHER APPS, USE OF THIS APP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.)
*MAKE SURE TO UNZIP THE FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP AND IT IS NOT A FOLDER INSIDE OF ANOTHER FOLDER, IT SHOULD BE ONE SINGLE FOLDER WITH ALL FILES INSIDE.
- Designed for windows 7, Not sure if it will run properly on any other windows systems.
- Do not rename any files
- Do not rename folder
- PS3 GAME (RIP-TO-ISO) MASS Converter - folder must be placed on your Desktop in order to work.
HOW TO USE THE PROGRAM:
Simply put the PS3 GAME (RIP-TO-ISO) MASS Converter folder on your desktop and drag your game directory that holds all your PS3 rips on top of the CONVERT_TO_ISO.bat file and follow directions. If you need to stop the program at anytime for whatever reason just click close on the program box. Make sure not to forget to go into the directory after manually stopping the program and delete the partially generated iso file.
*ANY OPTIONS SELECTED WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE TO REVIEW AND FINALIZE YOUR OPTIONS.
ANY ISO'S YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY IN A FOLDER WITH GAME RIPS WETHER GENERATED WITH THIS PROGRAM OR NOT WILL NOT BE GENERATED AGAIN IF YOU RUN THE PROGRAM AGAIN IT WILL SEE YOU HAVE THAT ISO ALREADY AND SKIP CREATING IT AND IF DELETE OPTION IS ON IT WILL ALSO SKIP THE DELETION OF THE GAME RIP FOLDER IF STILL AVAILABLE.
HOPE THIS MAKES THINGS EASIER FOR EVERYBODY.
!!!BIG THANKS GOES TO TEAM COBRA!!!
: Some advantages of ISO's:
1.) you can play games with files larger than 4GB from external HDD using split ISO files
2.) you can create an ISO with a PS3_EXTRA with multiple large PKG files to install from external HDD
3.) Large files are loaded/copied faster than several small files (less seek/open/close operations)
4.) you can stream ISOs from PC to your PS3 console(s) (wired network is suggested)
5.) It's easier to check the integrity of your game (eg. MD5 of a single file)
6.) ISO are easily created with mmCM / multiMAN
7.) ISO let you play PS2/PSX/PSP without conversion* (with compatibility issues with some games)
Some disadvantages of ISO's:
1.) ISOs are not compatible on non-Cobra CFW
2.) Modding of ISO require extract -> mod -> inject files or rebuild of ISO (eg. rip of files to save space usage)
3.) ISO require extra tools to open or create on PC
Finally, from Klahjn
comes Psykosis JB to ISO Mass Conversion v0.03a with details below, as follows:
This is my modified version of the ps3 mass jbfolder to iso converter using genps3iso v2.4. I love the program, but wanted to make it faster for me, so I redesigned the UI.
- I changed it so the variables can be changed and the app isn't forced on the desktop.
- I removed the error log, added the logo.
- I modified all the variables so they can be edited at the beginning of the bat file
- Most of the settings can be modified from the UI
- If all settings are correctly set, the bypass can be run just by double click.
- If correctly configured and combined with a scheduled task, this can be used to make an autoconvert folder.... ;D
- I've added a "create games list" function.
- Replaced all the pauses with timeouts so that there is no hiccup in program operation, and it can be completely automated
- Changed the color of the console text
- Changed name of title, program, variables.
- Moved the code around, and removed a few sections.
- Updated for genps3iso v2.4
I call it: psykosis JB to ISO Mass Conversion v0.03a
What I want to add:
- Update script option
- All variables able to be changed in UI
- IRD scans
- Auto IRD usage
- Patching premade ISO
- Updating genps3iso
- Shortcut generation w/in batch (as an option in UI)
- Save settings, Import/Export Settings from registry/ini (preferably with a switch so both can be implemented)
- Auto generate scheduled task to make automated iso conversion
This is v0.3a of the script. I've made a couple before this. I've included a couple of the older versions as well as the original one I took it from. A link to the zip file is on my google drive new mass convert.zip (linked above). Let me know what you think?
: Changes- Update Mar/20/2014 (V0.8i)
- Changed the UI Slightly
- Automatic IRD usage, ird file has to be same name as jb folder for it to work currently
- If IRD file isn't found, proceeds with normal conversion.
- Removed .iso extension to game list
- Fixed a small but for null entry at menu
- Cleaned up the code a little bit
- Added some comments for easier editing
- Some hardcoded references changed to variables
- Removal of code not being used or implemented (This is ongoing as dev goes on)
- Minor Tweaks and Fixes
- Version number changed (multiple runs/builds/changes puts version to 0.8i
- Additional fixes for ascii typing
- Changed console size to fit UI better
- Changed some timeout variables to fine tune a bit.
Took me quite a bit. Had the option for dry run, but wasn't running properly. May add later. Important that ird files must have the same name as the folder you are converting (ie: C:\ird\warhawk.ird & C:\c2iso\warhawk will result in an ird generated C:\ps3iso\warhawk.iso) This provided you've set everything correctly. Hope you enjoy ~
: Changes- Update Mar/28/2014 (V0.32a)
I have a new update to add. Well two updates, but one was slightly buggy. It's now updated to version 0.32a. I'm currently working on some cobra ODE features such as generating the swap.iso and regenerating the boot iso.
There is a FULL and a LITE package now. FULL package has tons of IRD files and EBOOT files. LITE package removes these.
I'm thinking of splitting into a third option of MICRO which is basically just the batch and the minimum required exe files. If anyone has a voice on what should be in MICRO and what shouldn't, let me know. Debating switching to exe version of this.
- Lots of bugs were introduced in v.23b, this release addresses them. adding in features from
- Pauses introduced to debug, weren't taken out. This has been corrected
- Cleaner more consistent UI, even during processing..
- Removal of extra comments, old UI, additional unneeded variables and menus
- Changed variable names to be more friendly
- Made batch file smaller, more efficient.
- Added tools folder for future functionality
--~Note~ Website is currently down for maintenance/update/etc and could be cycled out.
- Internal Release
- Included IRD & Eboot files in extra folder
- -M- First glimpse at SDeath code
- Going to use some of the same tools he uses in his, to provide functionality similar in mine.
- Of note, most of the code is written in wscript shell format, passing lines to cli.. this is pure CLI
- Also of note, I see no one offering complete bypass, offering auto-conversion folder via scheduled task at this moment.
- Third Public Release - Update
- Switching Status to Beta (I'm using as main app)
- UI Revamp again
- Tweaks to main program, Changed around menu options
- Changed shortcut keys and definitions
- Add filejoin (experimental) for 666* files
- Added Initial Color Changing Option
- Added Changelog
- Added website psyconvert2.uhostall.com/
- Games List tweaks
- Titlebar tweaks
- Added Version number to script name to easily identify.
- Minor tweaks. More to come