- Following up on his previous
version, today PlayStation 3 developer wborland0
has updated PS3 Game List Manager to version v3.0 for Windows x64 with the changes below.
Download: PS3 Game List v3.0 Manager for Windows
To quote from his blog: PS3 Game List v3.0
In time for the holidays, another revision bringing PS3 Game List to v3.0. The idea behind this release was to update once again the framework supporting the application, while including new stuff as well.
This version implements an interesting feature (which is yet another major addition to the application, and a project on its own): the ability to decode Sony’s proprietary ATRAC3Plus audio files. PAM video files (the animations displayed when the game is selected on XMB) can now be played with the corresponding audio stream.
Moreover, the tooltip info now includes available languages and game version, so it is easier to identify which game to play. Also, for those still using the late OS, Windows Xp support is back.
As for the Mac and Linux versions, it seems my virtual machines are to blame for the corrupted files, and it is still unresolved. Virtualization has its advantages, but it doesn’t always go smooth. It would be a good time to have a Mac setup donated. Anyone?
This is probably the last release using the current codebase. Next step will be tossing it, and rewriting the engine from scratch so it can accommodate the changes needed to support the PS4 games, among other things. Not sure what will happen, though.
Check the changelog below for all the 3.0 features.
As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well.
PS3 Game List change-log and features:
- ATRAC3Plus audio decoding (PAM video files will now be played with the corresponding audio stream; configuration via settings dialog);
- Windows Xp support is back;
- Game version and available languages are now included in the tooltip info (triggered by hovering the mouse over a populated list);
- Trophies can now be sorted by their value;
- Built with the latest major release of Qt, OpenSSL and compiler for improvements in speed, security and size;
- Fixed sorting updates by their count.