Snippet from change log:
• Improved download system, to prevent overwriting existing files / downloading wrong file.
• Uses a folder layout to resolve conflicts with same filenames but different file.
• Enhanced range of Playstation Content support, (A bug stopped the program from accepting all file formats, like png)
• Improved stability of the application
• Outputs a Log.txt containing urls captured by the application, to allow you to add the file extension; if you want it to be captured in the download manager / booster.
• Now allows you to change to port the proxy uses by creating a file called port.txt otherise default of 27.
• Fixed bug, where a message keeps appearing on start-up; this will only appear when theres an update and will not display a load of garbage
• Fixed download issue, with files not being saved in the location given in path.txt
• Slight performance improvments by reducing the length of the code for several operations.
Known bug (Not really worth fixing atm, as it fixes it's self):
• When signing in for the first time, you'll get an error; however it should resolve it's self on the second attempt and work first time afterwards.
• iPlayer App Crashes proxy.exe but I think if you remove the file extensions from the ext.txt for the file types you don't want, it should fix it.
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User use the following:
Playstation Home Users use:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hi, I've noticed some sites not linking to my site and misleading people into downloading old versions such as 3.82 containing various bugs, and seems very few sites clearly stated that 3.83 is released which resulted in a decline of users, due to the bugs present.
All I ask is, if possible when publishing a copy of this article or rewriting it for your site please please make sure you use the link provided rather than uploading it as an attachment on your site, if it's not possible then attach the file but make sure there is a link saying something like "Get the latest version, here" I'd be ever so grateful for this being acknowledged.
Now with that little speech out of the way, here is what version 3.87 has to offer:
1) A few minor changes to the core, increasing responsiveness and should fix crashing or not starting up for many users. (Important part of this update)
2) Reduced size of the file, from 636KB to 488KB removed some old files which are no longer used.
3) Reverted the cache folder to it's original of Downloads rather than Shared. (You can now change this without breaking features of the application)
I urge anyone who's used versions prior to this, for a fresh install in a new location on your hard drive so the settings are reset to default values, you may however copy / move your downloads folder in with the new version and it should remain functional.
Now hurry up, and download it! The playstation store is due to return within the next 24 hours for Europe and America with a nice big Welcome Back pack, expect the PSN to be slow so use my application to grab it at the full speed, please note users not using my application will most likely find there downloads going slower because of the users using PSN Download Manager lol
Have fun, leeching your free content
A little message, for my buddy PS3 News could this be put on the main page, as other websites have copied the article but not provided a link to the latest version as this happened when I released 3.82 followed by 3.83 to patch it but only 3.82 appeared on other sites misleading users into downloading a faulty version.