Snippet from change log:
• Improved download system, to prevent overwriting existing files / downloading wrong file.
• Uses a folder layout to resolve conflicts with same filenames but different file.
• Enhanced range of Playstation Content support, (A bug stopped the program from accepting all file formats, like png)
• Improved stability of the application
• Outputs a Log.txt containing urls captured by the application, to allow you to add the file extension; if you want it to be captured in the download manager / booster.
• Now allows you to change to port the proxy uses by creating a file called port.txt otherise default of 27.
• Fixed bug, where a message keeps appearing on start-up; this will only appear when theres an update and will not display a load of garbage
• Fixed download issue, with files not being saved in the location given in path.txt
• Slight performance improvments by reducing the length of the code for several operations.
Known bug (Not really worth fixing atm, as it fixes it's self):
• When signing in for the first time, you'll get an error; however it should resolve it's self on the second attempt and work first time afterwards.
• iPlayer App Crashes proxy.exe but I think if you remove the file extensions from the ext.txt for the file types you don't want, it should fix it.
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User use the following:
Playstation Home Users use:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hey, this weekend I got together with a group of friends and we worked very hard to deliver some big changes and to expand our work.
First of all, we've revamped the website with many more features and support for 57 languages so everyone can enjoy our content, and find what they're looking for quicker.
Then we improved are website's stability, and made some changes with the download manager to take this into account, so if we go into maintenance mode the download manager doesn't stop working.
And after the website was finished, I thought 'Why is my code so messy, can I make it faster? smoother? and smaller? yet keep the functionality?' and yes, I did exactly that and reduced the amount of code by around 100KB and it's only limitation is your computer, the code is as optimized as possible.
Here are the changes in 3.92:
1) URL Detection is now 200ms faster per file
2) New File-Type Menu for those with limited technical ability
3) Huge Code optimizations reducing the code by around 100 KB
4) Stability fixes, and modification to the advertisement in attempt to improve closing speed after clicking skip.
5) Framework for our Android Application (For activation in the next build, I expect it will be 4.00)
6) Update Notification on start-up to alert users of new versions, for the best experience...
We're working around the clock, to provide users with the best experience and are always reading your comments, feedback and looking at ways to improve...
Don't forget to like us, on Facebook and to subscribe to our Youtube as we'll be releasing new video reviews etc soon...
Hi, after the events this weekend regarding a domain issue I've had to release a new build to patch several glitches with premium memberships and some server side work to fix the advert not closing after clicking skip. In 3.90 these are minor changes, but we're required:
1) changed all server side links to pixolia.co.uk from pixolia.org. that's about it one small change to fix several issues...
Also I realised a few saying the advert got stuck, and in some / most cases people didn't click the skip button.
The advert shown at the startup will never close until you've clicked on the skip button unlocked after 5 seconds, it may take slightly longer on single core computers so be patient (old single core computers cause the multithreading to hang for a minute or two, nothing I can do about that.)
I've also reduced the number of advertisements on my website, I'm very disappointed by clicksor for allowing such issues to occur and have reported them to various sites about the risks they pose to consumer safety.
Due to these issues, I recommend you either purchase an antivirus such as:
Avast - http://adf.ly/1jtmh or download this free one from AVG - http://adf.ly/1jtl8
If anyone notices a url on the new site which points to pixolia.org please contact me via the live support or e-mail the 'admin at our domain' or feel free to pm me, (this may take longer, as I only check once or twice every 24 hours) and e-mails are usually instant (unless I'm asleep) or live support, which is definitely the fastest way to contact us or the forums which can either be responded to by the community / or myself (which is checked once every 24 hours).
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused, and have taken measures to prevent this from occurring again (The domain issue and site sabotage )
I would like to make sure everyone is aware that the download manager isn't working due to an internal admin sabotaging the site and as he owns the domain I've got to restore from a backup on a new site and sort a lot of stuff out.
So expect the software to not function correctly for the next 48 hours, I would post names but the majority of people will have the same thoughts as I and it isn't a good idea lol. A new build will be released upon completion of the transfer
We're now on target for recover within the next 24 hours as our new domain has been registered and I'm now redirecting urls for existing users to resume partial service
The redirect was unsuccessful at the current time due to lack of upstream on my connection, and may take several hours to upload the 65MB of data onto our server again
This is here to keep anyone reading informed, about the current status of our software as you more than likely have pending downloads and you're finding you can't start the download manager. I do have a temporary fix, which is as follows (not the best, I know)
1) Download a bandwidth monitor tool to check upstream / downstream
2) start the PSN DM.exe ignore the 404 page and you should see any downloads by the downstream increasing
The download manager will continue to function with the inability to access any controls. I'm really sorry and will get this fixed, I've already been awake 27 hours working on it Will update this thread, when services are back online.
I've now restored partial site functionality and you the usage of the download manager should resume shortly a full patch to be issued soon. Sorry I'm so tired *the usage (I don't know where the word 'you' came from) lol
The usage has finally been restored, I've now got to fix the subscription links for new customers and update the download manager for a new login system rather than the current system (It lags my home connection like mad everytime someone connects)
The domain transfer is now complete and services should be fully restored the payment system will be fixed soon.