128w ago - Since the release of PSGrade there have been lots of PS3 Downgrade Hex Codes for all types of devices, and today Matrix15 and xXJohannXx of Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) have posted a PIC18F hex code and guide which can be found below.
To quote, roughly translated: After leaving the downgrade for the different clones based Atmel microcontroller, the service mode is finally available to the dongle-based ICP such as ZBN SPI USB V1, V1.1, V2 , or PS3liberator NbzgroovePIC v1.0 at PICDEM bootloader is available.
The downgrade process is similar to any other dongles, you'll need: downgrade-files (http://www.logic-sunrise.com/telecharger-172586-downgrader-files.html)
1 - Upgrade your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN with the update for the downgrade. (The update is done the same way that a jailbreak for maj.)
2 - Connect your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN to the console. Turn it completely (power button back to the Fat, electric cable or a switch for slim) then turn the (by pressing the back button or by removing the console).
- Press the power button then quickly press the button "Eject". The console will start then shut off automatically
Note: It is possible that it does not go out alone, in this case the etteignez completely manually a second time (button facade and cut power supply).
This is exactly the same way as your console smith jailbreak.
From here, things will change, check that your console is in "Service Mode":
3 - On a USB stick (FAT32), place the file update 3.41 (. PUP) and the number 1 Lv2Diag.self you rename in Lv2Diag.self. (See it below)
4 - Connect your PS3 to your usb port on the far right.
- Start the console, the screen will be black, but the LED on the PS3 starts to flash.
- Wait about 3 minutes. Upon completion of the power button flashes green and the PS3 off.
- Remove the USB and turn on your PS3. Elle sera toujours en mode service. She will always be in service mode. You can now verify that it is well past 3.41.
5 - Connect your USB to your PC, delete the 2 files and copy the file to the root LV2Diag.self
(File 2) you rename as previously LV2Diag.self.
6 - Connect the USB port on the far right of your PS3 and start normally. Après 10secondes la console s'éteindra. After 10 seconds the console will turn off.
That's over your console and now 3.41 in the past and the joy you jailbreak.
- Disconnect your USB key, do not forget to reprogram your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN with the last update for the jailbreak.
Thank you to Matrix15 for information and xXJohannXx for the tutorial.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1) swapped 40gb hdd internal on ps3 #1 without doing backup on fw 3.41 with 640gb samsung hdd. I have the same account on the new drive even if not backed up so I exported saves and they work.
2) ps3#2 on fw 3.42 or 3.50(my brother played acb original) tried psgrade with pic2550 and it worked easily using 3.15fw. no bd issue (it's a PAL fat 40 or 60gb hdd but before/after bluray movies play black and white using scart on my old tv) so no problem for me. maybe I can post you the log if you tell me where to find it
No I was not aware of that, but PSN was not used on this PS3 but if it could be an issue could a member of the moderation team please delete the upload if it is at all possible, thanks
The downgraded model was a PHAT 60GB, the donor was a SLIM 120GB
The downgraded PS3 had all my PSN accounts, the donor dev_flash's had no PSN accounts at all seeing it was bought solely for jailbreak, the downgraded PS3 did show the prohibited message like everyone else.
I'm sorry to hear that its not working for you, unfortunately I'm still unsure how it all worked, but the only difference I found was 'drm' was on the downgraded PS3 and not on the donor PS3 so I deleted it