Changes from the PS3 Debug Firmware 3.20 Update ReadMe File include:
New Features - System Software (GUI) • The resolution for 3D video output has been supported. In this release, the 3D rendering is supported by the following features:
• Features that support the 3D rendering:
• Features that the system displays such as the system software that is displayed when the PS button is pressed during gameplay(GUI), or notification or error messages displayed on the upper right on the screen
• Features that do not support the 3D rendering: System utilities that are explicitly called by game applications such as the save data
Note that the display may be corrupted in all GUIed system utilities when the 3D resolution is set.
Menu of the System Software (GUI) • [Settings] -> [Debug Settings] -> [3D Video Output]: [Automatic]/On
Do not use this menu item because it is only available on the devkit.
Specification Changes - Check menu in the Game column • The following specification changes have been mage in the check that is available from the Check menu in the Game column:
• It is now allowed to mix a library for SDK320 and a library for SDK310.
• It now warns if the SDK version of the SPU is smaller than that of the PPU.
• The automatic setting feature now supports the resolution for the 3D video output through Display Settings -> Video Output Settings. To output a 3D video, make sure to set the Display settings again.
Also, do not forget to select "HDMI" for the TV terminal and "Automatic" for the resolution from the Display Settings.
Finally, if anyone has access to SCE DevNet and can share files with our community please contact us and you will be rewarded with Premium Accounts, PayPal, etc. Thanks!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
omg, for the first time ever, ps3 debug/test firmware has higher number than its retail counterpart. Great Job, PS3news. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to test the long-awaited 3D video output setting. Could be a good preview of the upcoming 3D firmware due in summer.
I bet you need a LED TV (120hz) for 3D content. I will test it out with my LED TV and report back when I get a chance to grab that 3.20 debug firmware. btw, Got another CECHA00 60gb debug coming in a few days.
Nope, if you try to install it on a Retail PS3 it will give you error 8002F029. So basically it only works on PS3 Debug consoles, at least for the present time.
If EgoHot detailed how to dump lv2 so that other Devs could dump and share it then further progress could be made towards Debug Firmware on Retail consoles, but right now all he's doing is posting pictures of RCO Edits so hopefully someone else will end up sharing with the community to move forward.