The Wii works on the same way, but anyway we can change the whole XMB via the XML's. It was a childs play to add some paths from one XML to another and add additional download paths for contents that before was only download able into one path. (eg PS3HDD or PS3 only games).
In my country nearly all chips that can be used to make a PSGroove are sold out. I still have some ATmega8 chips at home but I need to modify the source to get the thing running.
The LUFA software USB LIB doesn't support ATmega8 so I'm trying to use a other smaller soft USB but I will need some days more until I can compile the first hex.
Therefore, I am putting out these modified FW files for PS3 to let other guys test if you wish.
Be careful what you're doing and don't UPDATE. I tried to block every update option but as I said it's the first time and it's not sure that every thing works like it should. But together we will find it out.
• First download a PS3 FW Dump first (THIS is the one I used) so you can replace the files with the PS3 Acid CFW file linked above, and put only the folders from "PS3 Hacked FW files" on your USB stick into the dev_flash folder. Make sure to not have any additional files on it !!
• Extract the contents of dev_flash2.rar on your desktop. Use the xRegistry app (or PS3 Multi Tool) to edit the your own one and activate the debug options. I have set a bit flag but don't know if it will work in case that every reg file I have don't include one single bit flag. But as SKFU told us I have set a flag instead of a value.
• After that is done, put the xReg back on your PS3. Now insert the USB stick with our CFW and load the files with USB Firm Loader.
Let me know if it works and play around a bit, tell me what is working and what not. Currently only English and German should display ALL Debug options. Support for other languages will follow soon.
Below are a few things of what would be changed:
PS3 Debug Options activated:
• Install PKG
• Chancel Purchase
• Update via HDD
• Delate Update from HDD
• Title Store Preview (Store)
• Title Store Preview (In Game)
• Quick Sign Up
• Performance Bar
• No Memory Limit
• Quick Preview
• Owner Information
• Fake HDD Size
• CORE Dump
• Game Debug
PS3 System Hacks:
• Block Updates
• Block Online Updates
• Block Game Updates
• Unlocked Secret Debug Options
• Unlocked PSP Only (now you can copy PSP only tiles on any media)
• Unlocked Pocketstation
• Unlocked PS2
• Unlocked System Driver Pocketstation
• Unlocked System Driver PS2
I will now continue working on the ATmega8 mod and hope that I can get it small enough.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
* Kicked out Network category and merged with the psn category
* Network category renamed to HAXXX so now it is the HAXXX category
* Debug Option like Install_pkg_file and Title Store preview are putted in the Haxxx category
* Some other secred tweaks i dono want to spid out yet
To day its weekend and i wasnt out since weeks so... i have to go out and make party. Will work again and finish this mod next days.