The Wii works on the same way, but anyway we can change the whole XMB via the XML's. It was a childs play to add some paths from one XML to another and add additional download paths for contents that before was only download able into one path. (eg PS3HDD or PS3 only games).
In my country nearly all chips that can be used to make a PSGroove are sold out. I still have some ATmega8 chips at home but I need to modify the source to get the thing running.
The LUFA software USB LIB doesn't support ATmega8 so I'm trying to use a other smaller soft USB but I will need some days more until I can compile the first hex.
Therefore, I am putting out these modified FW files for PS3 to let other guys test if you wish.
Be careful what you're doing and don't UPDATE. I tried to block every update option but as I said it's the first time and it's not sure that every thing works like it should. But together we will find it out.
• First download a PS3 FW Dump first (THIS is the one I used) so you can replace the files with the PS3 Acid CFW file linked above, and put only the folders from "PS3 Hacked FW files" on your USB stick into the dev_flash folder. Make sure to not have any additional files on it !!
• Extract the contents of dev_flash2.rar on your desktop. Use the xRegistry app (or PS3 Multi Tool) to edit the your own one and activate the debug options. I have set a bit flag but don't know if it will work in case that every reg file I have don't include one single bit flag. But as SKFU told us I have set a flag instead of a value.
• After that is done, put the xReg back on your PS3. Now insert the USB stick with our CFW and load the files with USB Firm Loader.
Let me know if it works and play around a bit, tell me what is working and what not. Currently only English and German should display ALL Debug options. Support for other languages will follow soon.
Below are a few things of what would be changed:
PS3 Debug Options activated:
• Install PKG
• Chancel Purchase
• Update via HDD
• Delate Update from HDD
• Title Store Preview (Store)
• Title Store Preview (In Game)
• Quick Sign Up
• Performance Bar
• No Memory Limit
• Quick Preview
• Owner Information
• Fake HDD Size
• CORE Dump
• Game Debug
PS3 System Hacks:
• Block Updates
• Block Online Updates
• Block Game Updates
• Unlocked Secret Debug Options
• Unlocked PSP Only (now you can copy PSP only tiles on any media)
• Unlocked Pocketstation
• Unlocked PS2
• Unlocked System Driver Pocketstation
• Unlocked System Driver PS2
I will now continue working on the ATmega8 mod and hope that I can get it small enough.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Yes it is working on 3.41. To be more exact its made specifically for FW3.41 and probably won't work on any other firmware.
CFWprophet, Can you be more specific about the xregistry flag edits for enabling debug options you mentioned at the start of this thread, I have looked through the registry file but doesnt seem to be obvious which values/flags to change and what to change them to?
I know Ive mentioned this before but Ive been thinkin about the CFWload1.0 App again, if its possible to modify the source so it also mounts Dev_hdd0 and Dev_Flash2 to a second USB stick it should be possible for people on 3.15 to run 3.41 of USB, Then in theory they would be able to play newer games requiring 3.41 keys , this would be a very cool feature for some who dont want to lose otherOS but also want to play 3.41 games. (only thing I can see stopping this working is if CFWload1.0 wont work on 3.15 or if the game decryption keys are stored somewhere other than dev_flash) , also it should then be possible to run 3.15 of USB while on 3.41 really, maybe get back the ability to boot into otherOS for 3.41 users!
Ok, Replacing the xml located at "ACID_CFW_002\vsh\resource\explore\xmb\category_network.xml" with the one attached below will change the install packages icon to the one I posted if anyone is interested!
All I did was change one line of text, ie - instead of:
The App home icon is not changing for me so easily, must be linked to another xml somewhere.