136w ago - Today we received word from Kevin that the PS Samurai PS JailBreak clone USB modchip has arrived, and similar to a few others it includes a custom upgrader PC and MAC application.
From the e-mail, to quote: PS SAMURAI has now been released.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses its own, custom programming software for PC and MAC.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI has a recovery function, very useful after a bad flash.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses 32KB on-board flash (majority uses 16KB)
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI is delivered with no code inside which means it is 100% legal.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI device is rubbercoated and designed to enchance protection and grip.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI can be afforded by ordinary people
From the official site (linked above):
• USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
• Does not break your warranty seal.
• Compatible with all PS3 models*, both Fat and Slim.
• Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
• Fully updatable via USB on your PC using an encrypted bootloader
• 32KB onboard flash (most competing products only have 16KB flash)
• Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports most games and homebrew applications.
• Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
• Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
• Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
• Optionally PS Sanurai can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS Samurai to get full functionality.
* Currently not compatible with 3.42 firmware
Is PS Samurai easy to install?
- Yes, it is a plug and play solution and does not require modifying or opening your console.
Does it permanently modify my console?
- No, once you unplug it from the usb port it is completely disabled.
How do we install PS Samurai?
- Please look at our support page for information on how to install and upgrade PS Samurai.
PS Samurai updateable?
- Yes, it can be upgraded via PC (or mac) by using the PS Samurai stand-alone software provided by our distributors and resellers.
What is the PS Samurai Software? What functions does it have?
- Our own developed PS Samurai Software is a stand-alone program that can be used on PC or Mac. With this software you can easily upgrade your product. You can install open-source code like PSGroove. And also it have a recovery function that enables you to erase the on-board flash.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
They have been promising a Backup Manager 1.1 with NTFS support for months now, while re-iterating how they would hard-code it to only work on their device which they promise will be shipping soon now.
A while ago after all the clones and open source hit they promised to update their dongle to support 3.42 then made fun of all the clones and promised their device would be shipping soon now.
A few days ago they AGAIN promised firmware 3.50 support and a 1.1 NTFS backup manager while making fun of the clones and promising their device should be shipping soon now.
I'll believe it when I see it, these guys took out a mortgage to try to market the damn things, and clearly are desperate to recoup their losses. Too bad the original was so wildly over-priced. Instead of attempting to win back support and/or risk a loss for SOME profit by pricing it competitively, they badmouth the competition, refuse to lower the asinine price, engage in questionable business practices such sites changing their TOS so preorder cancellations would have a fee AFTER you already paid and enforcing said fee, and then badmouth the competition which HAS delivered.
I will give them credit as they DID hack the damn PS3 after all, but they got far too greedy and now they are continuing to be greedy while not being able to see the giant brick wall right in the path they want to continue to go down.
True, the PSP scene had dozens of hacks they kept private until the previous one was patched, then released the next, rinse and repeat (until Sony completely overhauled the security on Firmware 6.00+) but the way this PS3 hack worked that is not really a plausable scenario.
As I said, I will believe it when I see it, because right now I DON'T believe it and think they are just lying to get people to buy a $120 device that does the same thing the other $20 devices do. Remember when Datel released the Wii FreeLoader and promised updates if Nintendo ever blocked it? Remember when Nintendo blocked it and Datel just let it die and never updated it even though region-free hacks were not out yet?
Yeah... I would personally love to eat my words come October 20 but just seems like empty promises to me, empty words have no calories.
a lot of unlike other blabla, i mean cmon for example PS3Key has its own programmer, and it has to 32KB flash and more, is it "confirmed" psjailbreak are going to release exploit to 3.5 and ntfs? or is it speculations or empty promises?